36. Wish I Could Hate You ♪

~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~

Thursday, November 19th
Los Vegas, Nevada

Oh I.... I wish I could hate you. I wish I could hate you. 

"Roro, girl slow down," Ryan attempted to take her glass from her, but she wouldn't let him.

"Nigga go on somewhere," she slapped her cousin's hand away from her. "We're in Vegas baby. Don't you see I'm tryna have a good time?"

"One, we're literally here to work a fundraising banquet tomorrow, meaning this ain't vacation time. And two, you know how you get when you're drunk. And I'm not tryna deal wit all that."

"Yeah me neither," Wyatt chimed in. "Maybe you've had enough margaritas Ro. We got a long ass day ahead of us tomorrow. And you don't need to be hungover for that."

"I'm not gonna be hungover," she finished the last of her drink.

The three of them were sitting in a cute little Mexican restaurant eating dinner before they went back to their hotel and settled in for a long day of kitchen prep ahead of them.

"You know what I wanna do?" Aurora asked as she munched on the plain tortilla chips sitting in the middle of the table.

"Take your ass back to the hotel?" Wyatt asked as he held his hand up in the air, motioning for the server to come over so he could ask for the chèque.

"Mm-mm. Nope," she shook her head. "I got a friend who lives out here and he invited me out to some party thing tonight."

"Ro..." Ryan glared at her.

"Come on y'all," she nudged both Ryan and Wyatt on the shoulder. "Thé banquet doesn't start until 7:30 and we don't gotta be in the kitchen until like 2pm. We got time," she tried her best to convince them.

"Fine," Wyatt sighed. "What party?"

"You remember Quan?"

"Nigga who used to work in that one restaurant with us before you left to start Le Ciel?"

"That same one," she nodded her head. "It's his 30th birthday. He's doing this lil thing at some night lounge."

"Damn, I ain't seen Quan in years. Shit, yeah let's go then," Wyatt was on board now. "I guess we can stop by for a minute on our way back to the hotel."

~~~

"Quan, babe," Aurora pulled the tall, slender, dark-skinned man into a hug when they got to the lounge where the party was being hosted. "Oh it's been too long."