3. Flashing Lights ♪

~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~

June 6th
Beverly Hills, California
Fenty Beauty Event

"Dex, these are all so blurry," Electra fussed as she swiped through the pictures he took of Diamant.

"I'm her body guard. Not her fucking personal photographer," Dex complained as Electra handed him the phone back.

"You're like seven feet tall. Ain't nobody else getting her angles as good as you," Electra motioned for him to take another shot. "At least try this time."

Dex isn't actually seven feet, but he really is tall as hell, and very built, never skipping a day in the gym. No matter what country or time zone they're in, he always gets up early to hit the gym before starting his day. And it does him well, because a lot of Diamant's fans fawn over the pretty faced brown skin man. And she completely gets why. He is cute. Really cute.

"Okay," Diamant relaxed from her posing stance. She looked down at her buss down Audemars Piguet watch, realizing they were gonna be late if they didn't leave at that exact moment. "Enough with the pictures."

"But you ain't post on Instagram in a while," Electra moved a curl back behind Diamant's shoulder and moved her body back into a posing position.

"Elly," she glared at her sister.

"Okay," Electra stepped back from her. "We're done."

As soon as Diamant stepped out of the van, with her sister and Dex right by her side, there was dozens of camera lights flashing in her face.

"Iridessa! Over here!"

"Iridessa! You look absolutely beautiful. And congratulations on tonight."

"How does it feel to be working with a beauty line as huge as Fenty Beauty?"

"Thank you," she smiled as she walked past them. "And I feel absolutely honored to be working with Fenty Beauty for this new launch."

She was used to all these these questions. She was used to the yelling and the bright lights flashing in her face. And it didn't bother her, not until she heard a particular question she's been trying to avoid the last few days.

"Iridessa! Is it true that you've separated from Jay Flamez after three years of being together? Is it true the engagement is off?"

For some reason she stopped moving when she heard that. She knew people were still talking about it, but it doesn't get any easier hearing your personal business being discussed by random people you've never met before.

She hasn't seen Jamal at all since the night she performed at the Staples Center, and gets all clammy every time someone brings him up to her. And of course, the paparazzi has no type of moral compass. They don't see her as a person with real feelings and emotions, so they feel like they can ask her whatever they want, whenever they want to.