Nine

"Are you feeling any better?" Maria questioned Hanna. Hanna had been in bed the last few days with strep throat. Hanna shook her head. She cupped her hand to her throat. "I understand." Maria pouted. "I'll got get you some orange sherbet with raspberries on the side."

Maria had to figure out what Hanna would and would not eat every day. It changed everyday. Hanna would devour a small container of dehydrated banana chips with a very tiny portion of peanut butter one day and hate it two days later.

Hanna approved of what Maria had on the menu, which made Maria smile, and resumed her scrolling through Twitter.

@holahanna: 😪

She shut the screen off and laid the phone on her chest and closed her eyes. But her phone disrupted her sleep when it buzzed.

It was a DM on twitter. And not just from some random person asking for a solo dm to Liam.

Because why would Liam Payne want a solo dm for himself?

Liam: are u okay?
Hanna: strep throat :/
Liam: it'll be okay. Eat ice cream!
Hanna: ew. Ice cream.
Liam: u don't like ice cream? 😳
Hanna: I used to
Liam: then why not anymore?
Hanna: because I went through some terrible shit a year or so ago.
Liam: do you wanna talk about it?
Hanna: not really...
Liam: okay. When you're ready. Hey, weren't you the one who ran into me the other day? With the wet t shirt?

Holy shit, Maria was right! He did remember Wet T-Shirt Hanna!

Hanna: possibly.
Liam: you weren't out on a horrible date, right?
Hanna: no. My friend decided to dump water on me. She said it would help you remember me better.
Liam: well, she was right...

Breathe! Hanna had to remind her lungs.

Hanna: soooooooooo...
Liam: do you have a boyfriend?

If Hanna didn't have strep throat, she would've screamed so loud. Australia would've been able to hear them.

Hanna: why would someone want to date me? I mean, look at me. I'm a stick.
Liam: you look perfect.

Hanna was really tired, and feeling like it would be fun for her to play hard-to-catch with Liam.

Hanna: if you're just trying to get me into bed with you, I'm a lot smarter than that.

And she logged off.

-----

SHORT BC IM REALLY TIRED!

GOOD NIGHT!

- Emily 💖