Didn't See That Coming

Chapter 16: Didn't See That Coming

*Louis' POV*

"Oh, you've got to be kidding me!?" Paul says, after Harry and I told him the whole story.

"I wish I was.." I say.

"That poor innocent human." He looks towards the hallway, where Emma is.

"I know, and I wish she didn't have to go through all this." I look at Harry, who seems to be very quiet. I nudge him and he just lets his head fall to my shoulder. "Sab will be alright Haz. She always is!" I reassure him and he sighs.

"Have you heard anything from Liam?" Paul asks.

"No... It's kind of scaring me because of the bond we have. I can't feel him or hear him.." I trail off, suddenly hearing footsteps coming from behind me. I turn around and see Emma. Her eyes are brightly shinning. She's wearing black combat boots, black leggings, a white tank top and a black leather jacket. She's clean and beautiful.

"And where do you think you're going dressed like that?" I ask her. Clodagh walks towards Paul and sits on his lap.

"I'm going to save Liam and Sabrina!" She says confidently.

"Emma, you'll get killed!" I stand up.

"No I'm not!" She protests. She's so clueless at times. They're vampires, she's a human. They can kill her just like that. And not to mention, there's also a witch. "I don't care Louis. I'm going to save Liam and Sabrina, if it's the last thing I do!"

"Okay... You'll need training first" Paul suddenly says.

"Wait.. What!?" I turn to look at him, wide eyed. Is he nuts!?

"I'll help!" Harry offers and I look at him. What the hell!? He looks at me. "Just promise you won't kill me Emma." He still looks at me as Emma giggles. She's so innocent, which is why she'd get killed the quickest.

"I promise!" This is insane. I don't want her to get killed!

"And what the hell are we going to do when you get hurt?" I say angrily. "What if we can't do anything to save you!?" I vampire speed up to her. She looks startled. Our faces inches apart.

"I don't want to see you get hurt or killed.." She gulps and puts a hand on my shoulder.

"That won't happen. Just teach me how to fight." I sigh. There's no winning with her.

*Emma's POV*

"Okay, first thing's first. Never keep your eyes off your opponent." Paul instructs and I nod. They gave me some weapons. All out of wood. Apparently it's the only weapon that can seriously hurt or kill a vampire.

We're in the living room. All the furniture was put some place else, giving us more room. They're going to show me how to defend myself, against a vampire. I have a feeling this will be difficult.

"Remember, everyone is way faster than you!" He paces back and forth. "So never let your guard down!"

"Okay. I won't."

"Okay, I'm going to go easy on you, don't be afraid to stab me... Just don't stab at my heart." He points at his chest, where his none beating heart is.

"O-okay.." He nods and gets to a fighting position. His hands in the air and his knees slightly bent. He suddenly pounces and my eye's go wide.

I immediately dodge to my left, still looking at him. I run to where he was standing before. I don't leave my gaze from his and he smiles. He runs at me again, but I roll on the floor and back on my feet. I suddenly feel arms around me. I'm still looking at Paul.