Chapter 39: Family

Bakugou was given the allowance to go home for the next week, and, given how exhausted he felt, he did not refuse the offer. He spent more time with his family each day than he can remember spending with them any day of his life until then, and he has never felt so close with his parents. Likewise, Bakugou's parents were happy to have the time with their son after going so long without even seeing him during such stressful times. There was a strong ambiance of relief, care, and gratitude throughout the house.

As the days went on, Bakugou finally got to walk around without his trusty steed, the wheelchair, and his attitude came back to him as it always does. He had started off the week being abnormally docile, but he had not wanted to refuse his parents' coddling at the time, though he would not directly ask for it or initiate any feelings-related things...ew. By Wednesday, however, there was a healthy amount of screaming in the Bakugou household. The distinct lack of venom in the tirades, teasing, and comebacks, went noticed but unmentioned.

That Sunday, a week having safely passed, Masaru and Mitsuki drive their son back to UA, having refused the principal's offer to send a teacher to pick him up. The bond between both parents and their child has grown stronger than ever through the challenging experience and the worry it wrought.

Arriving in front of the Heights Alliance building, Masaru pulls the car to a halt, and all three Bakugous get out of the car. Bakugou scowls as his mother pulls him into a tight hug, and Masaru walks around the car to join in, wrapping his wife and son in his arms for a nice and long while, both parents grinning happily but wistful of the days they will not have their son with them.

After the long hug has gone on quite long enough, Bakugou's spiky head pops up from the group after a few moments of struggling, screeching with a large scowl and a snap, "I can't fucking breathe! Are you done yet?"

Mitsuki responds by grinning and shoving a hand in his hair, eliciting a surprised grunt, and petting his head. "Then go get back to your friends before we suffocate you with more hugs and love, you damn brat."

Bakugou rolls his eyes at his mother and allows his parents to each land a kiss atop his grumbling head while he gnashes his teeth in faux irritation. Masaru pats Bakugou's shoulder with a quiet farewell and an "I love you, son" before Bakugou turns and stalks toward the dorm's doors, muttering grumpily about annoying fucking lovey-dovey parents. Nonetheless, he makes sure to turn briefly to roll his eyes and noncommittally raise his hand when his parents drive away with a wave once he reaches the entrance.

When the doors of Class 1-A's dorm open, dozens of worried eyes snap silently onto Bakugou's. A flash of a smirk, however, leads to massive outbursts of glee throughout the room as people leap from their seats in a flood of color.

"Bakugou!"

"He's here!"

"He's ALIVE!"

"Kacchan!"

"I almost started thinking Aizawa lied!"

"Everyone quiet down!"

"Bakubro!"

There was some sobbing somewhere in the confusion of a bunch of teenagers swarming him, but Bakugou just rolls his eyes at his dorky classmates and sighs, shoving his hands into his pockets. "Shut up, you damn extras," he scoffs, sneering, and, to his astonishment, the room silences almost instantly, with the edge of the wave of students heading toward him hovering anxiously a few feet from him and someone still sniffling and trying to hide tears in the crowd. Bakugou raises an eyebrow. "The fuck has you all so nervous, dumbasses?"

"We just want to give you spa—umph," Hagakure explains before yelping in surprise as Kirishima pushes his way through the crowd and stands in front of them like he is entering a face-off with Bakugou.

Bakugou stares at his classmate and tilts his chin up and slightly quirks his head sideways with a question in his red gaze. Kirishima does not say anything, however, instead smiling a bright and massive close-eyed smile, and he walks forward slowly, opening his arms and carefully wrapping them around Bakugou, hovering them inches from the blonde and waiting for a go-ahead. When he receives an eye-roll and a disgruntled nod, Kirishima closes his arms around Bakugou in a tight hug, practically curling around his best friend. "It's good to have you back, bro," he says, voice tight, after a moment spent standing like this.

Bakugou peers out of the side of his eye at Kirishima's messy hair by his head before huffing and relenting. "Yeah, yeah. It's not too terrible to see you fuckers, either."

"BAKUGOU!" his classmates sob happily, and some come up to join in and make a group hug. Bakugou scoffs but lets the sappy teens have their way. He would forever refuse that any of the awkward pats on backs or slight hugs reciprocated to anybody ever happened.

These dimwits are his second family, after all, and he finally accepts them as such, even with all their flaws and stupid questions when he helps them study. Yes; yes, there are stupid questions, according to Bakugou. Especially if it comes out of Kaminari's mouth.

Contentedly, the group settles, and Sato brings out an assortment of delectable-looking food, treats, and sweets he, with the "help" of Ashido, Tsuyu, Kirishima, Sero, Yaoyorozu, Koda, Midoriya, and Shoji, cooked up, though Bakugou doubts half of them did much of anything—he has seen them try to cook before—though they do reassure him that they did not let Kaminari touch any of the works in progress. Everyone gathers at the table to dig in and end up bringing food around the common room with them as they turn on the tv and pull out board games, cards, and all sorts of things.

Most of the students end up following Bakugou around and doing what he wants, which has Bakugou raising his chin a bit with a cocky smile and feeling like the leader of the class with almost twenty minions. Many of the students end up falling asleep on the couches and floor, having woken up early to prepare, until only a few stragglers are awake. It is not long into these quiet moments that Bakugou finds his attention being grabbed.

——————————————————————

I promise I'm not tricking you with this lol
We're almost there. As a little heads up, I wanted to say thank you all for sticking with me through the making of this fic, voting on it, and leaving me lovely, funny, and overall entertaining comments :) ❤️❤️

Also, yes I know the bnha manga spoilers, and no, you are not allowed to spew spoilers in the comments unless someone asks for them. I will delete anything that will spoil people who are just trying to go into the comments and make some of their own.

-Angry
Word Count: 1083