Chapter 14: Forgiveness

The rest of the weekend is spent with a gloomy atmosphere hanging over the students of class 1-A. After their meeting, Aizawa swiftly escorted Bakugou back to his dorms through the most desolate hallways he could find. The boy spends the rest of his weekend emotionally exhausted in his bed besides when he sneaks into the kitchen for food, avoiding his classmates. The girls had returned to the dorms after their eavesdropping session with harsh tear stains marring their cheeks. It didn't take long for the boys to find out what happened, as Midoriya asked the girls why they had been crying, Uraraka quickly confessing and dissolving into more tears. The boys were angered and reprimanded the girls, but soon disbanded, spending their weekend glumly, the boys agreeing to ignore the girls until they apologize to Bakugou.

In Bakugou's room, the repulsive beeping of the alarm on Monday morning is shut off with a bang as it is blasted to pieces by one of the blonde's explosions. The boy glares the the scraps of metal and wires before groaning and rubbing a hand over his face. Why has each day been getting on his nerves more and more?

He rolls off his bed and dresses for a morning run, quickly setting out. The cool air against his skin fills him with a sense of relief as he takes in a deep breath, legs treading steadily beneath him on the cement path. He watches the sun slowly creep its way up in the sky during his run, the horizon shifting from vibrant warm colors to the calm blue of a bright day. With a sigh, Bakugou turns a corner and approaches the dorms with a scowl on his face.

Opening the door, Bakugou is slightly less angry (rather than glad) to note that Iida, Tokoyami, and Yaoyorozu are the only people downstairs so far. "Bakugou-kun! Good morning! It is good of you to have gotten back on your running schedule!" Iida remarks as he waves his arm around. It is a sense of normalcy that makes Bakugou's day feel like it may be slightly less shitty. He sneers slightly at the boy in response. The teary eyes of Yaoyorozu that gaze at him sadly, however, do not give him the same feeling. His eyes narrow. He was certain the girls didn't know. Is there a way they could have...?

Bakugou glances over to Tokoyami, who nods silently at Bakugou in greeting before turning back to eating his cereal in a chair he had pulled to a dark corner of the room. He draws his eyes back towards Iida and Yaoyorozu. Iida has gone back to his meal, moving around the kitchen and grabbing what he needs as usual, but what is odd this morning is the almost uncomfortable avoidance Bakugou picks up on from Iida towards Yaoyorozu, who, by the way, has still not pulled her eyes from Bakugou. In fact, her teeth now worry her lip as she tugs at her shirt over her heart.

Bakugou's eyes fill with a dangerously cold rage. "You found out," he says in a normal tone, gazing directly back into Yaoyorozu's eyes.

The girl stiffens and is silent for a moment. The entire room is still. Tokoyami stops eating, spoon sitting in his bowl as his fingers remain curled around it, his eyes not leaving the food. Iida stands rigidly in front of a cabinet, his hand on its handle, eyes on its contents. The two's ears are practically straining as they tensely await the next words.

"...I'm sorry," comes a near-whisper from Yaoyorozu as she looks down at the ground guiltily.

Bakugou feels his heart drop and his chest clench painfully. "You had no right," he spats, stepping closer with his entire body's muscles contracted from anger.

"You are correct, and I deeply apologize for what we have done."

"We?" Bakugou freezes, jaw clenching.

"Yes."

"Who?"

"The girls and I." Hearing no response coming, Yaoyorozu continues, "We listened in to your meeting. I hadn't wanted to. I thought it was a bad idea...an invasion of privacy."

"But you did," Bakugou snarls, fists clenched at his sides, nails digging into his palms. "How fucking dare you."

"We were worried!" Yaoyorozu says before she even realizes, her eyes shooting up towards Bakugou's almost pleadingly. "I knew we shouldn't! I even tried to stop everyone, but I didn't try hard enough because I wanted to know, too, and I'm so sorry for that, Bakugou!"

Their emotions contrast like fire and ice as Bakugou's enraged eyes glare into her tear-filled, regretful, miserable, dejected ones. They simply hold each other's gaze for a while, Bakugou seemingly searching for anything that would call for him to go on offense.

After another few long seconds, Bakugou scowls and rolls his eyes, shoulders falling a bit from where they were straining as Bakugou leans back slightly on his heels to a more relaxed posture. "Fuckin' fine," he grumbles, eyes still angry though they no longer hold that pure, cold rage. "You didn't know what it was, so you didn't know what you were getting into. Still doesn't mean you should've pulled that shit, though."

"I agree, and I don't know how to apologize enough. I am sorry we did that, I am sorry I didn't stop it, I am sorry that you had to go through—"

"Shut the fuck up, Ponytail!" Bakugou snaps to interrupt her. "I get it! You're sorry! I don't even care about that shit, so ignore it all! Doesn't matter! Just don't give me any fucking pity!" he snarls as he stuffs his hands in his pants' pockets before stomping off and into the elevator after it dings. Without turning, he continues, voice softer than she has ever heard, "You're okay, but the other little fucks still owe me," and the elevator closes behind him.

Yaoyorozu stares at the elevator in confusion for a moment before turning the Iida as the blue haired boy sighs and his tense muscles relax, head slumping a bit. The girl looks back to the elevator again. "W-was that.... What exactly was that?"

"That, Yaoyorozu-san, was Bakugou forgiving you for your idiotic actions," Tokoyami says before spooning some cereal into his beak.

Iida nods. "I have certainly never seen something like that before, but I must agree with Tokoyami-kun. I believe you have been forgiven, but that does not go for the other girls yet." Yaoyorozu nods uncertainly in response, and Iida smiles at her slightly. "Please do as Bakugou-kun asked. We are all doing our utmost to treat him normally, even if not everyone is great at it after discovering what we have. Do your best, especially as Class Vice President and a future hero."

Yaoyorozu smiles a small, sad smile. "I will," she replies dutifully in a serious tone that contrasts the emotion in her eyes.

"Good. I believe that this also frees you from being ignored by our male classmates."

The girl chuckles slightly. "I'm glad. It's odd to have such cheerful people avoid you."

"Hopefully the other girls follow your example quickly," Iida remarks before getting back to his breakfast.

"Agreed."

——————————————————————

Bleh

-Angry
Word Count: 1202