Chapter 28: Days Like This

People keep glancing at him throughout the school day after he comes back from the principal's office, and as soon as Bakugou gets back to the dorms after school he is practically accosted by his classmates asking him what happened. As soon as the words "Those dickheads were caught and are going to fucking jail" come out of his mouth, cheers louder than his explosions erupt throughout the common area, and Bakugou finds himself slamming his hands over his ears and angrily screaming at everyone to shut the fuck up, though a slightly fuzzy feeling blossoms in his heart as he watches them celebrate on his behalf.

Sato ends up making a large—and absolutely delicious, but Bakugou won't directly say that—cake for the class, and the others make last-minute decorations, balloons, and confetti to throw all over the room in a mess that Bakugou knows he'll probably be helping to clean up later.

It feels nice, though, having people care this much.

A few days later, it is a Saturday and it's all over the news. "...caught after a drug deal. This four-membered group of thugs has committed homicides, rapes, drug dealings, and assault cases constantly over the past few years," a newscaster's voice floods from the tv in the Heights Alliance common area. Students are scattered around the room, all of their heads snapped towards the tv in rapt attention ever since they heard the story begin. "Somehow, until recently, they had kept away from the police and heroes and avoided the majority of public scrutiny, but they have finally been brought in and will soon face their trial. Heroes—"

The tv clicks off, and many confused kids turn to see who had put a stopper to their information source. When they see Bakugou leaning casually on his elbows that he has propped up on the back of the couch, remote in his right hand and chin resting in his left, the sounds of complaint vanish.

"We already fucking know they were caught, and it's annoying as shit to hear dumbass extras talk about them all day. If you want to watch bullshit news that keeps rattling on and on about the same damn story, then go watch it in your own room," Bakugou says nonchalantly and with a bit of a condescending tone before rolling his eyes at his classmates' deer-in-headlights stares, and he turns away towards the kitchen to grab breakfast.

Kaminari smiles at Bakugou from where he sits on the ground beside the couch in lotus position. "Sorry, dude, a few of us are just dumb and need to have things repeated to us," he says in a joking manner, earning a few scattered laughs from around the room, and Bakugou scoffs in response.

Grabbing the remote from where Bakugou left it on the couch, Hagakure pipes up, "That was boring. We should watch Barbie Life in the Dreamhouse!"

Silence fills the room as everyone stares at Hagakure, who happily begins scrolling through a list of shows on the tv. Todoroki turns his head back and forth, as his eyes glance over everyone's faces, each showing a different feeling towards the show, most negative. "Midoriya, is this Barbie show bad?" Todoroki asks the boy sitting on the couch to his left.

Midoriya turns to Todoroki and his eyebrows scrunch in confusion. "It's all opinion, Todoroki. It's not bad as in negative, scary, or anything. It's just meant for a younger audience, and most people our age don't watch it, I guess..."

Todoroki nods in understanding. "I would also like to watch this Barbie movie, then, if everyone knows about it," he says simply.

Over in the darkest corner of the room, Tokoyami shuffles his feet around on the floor in front of the chair he sits in. "I uh..." he begins hesitantly, but nobody hears his near-silent voice over the chatter that has slowly grown in the room other than Shoji, who gives him an approving nod. Tokoyami nods back and clears his throat, speaking up more loudly and gathering the room's attention. "I happen to quite enjoy Barbie movies and shows, and would also...like to watch it."

After a moment of silence, smiles erupt on the faces of the 1A students, though they are a fairly even mixture of lighthearted teasing and reassuring expressions. A whisper of "So manly" unsurprisingly comes from Kirishima's position next to Kaminari.

"Then it has been decided. Barbie Life in the Dreamhouse it is. Everyone please quiet down for the show," Iida, on the end of the couch, says with some quick arm-chops as he presses his glasses up his nose with his other hand.

The students quiet down and have a calm day from thereon, Bakugou joining them after making himself some food. It becomes a bit of a tv show marathon, and there are always at least ten students watching throughout the day, with people leaving for short periods to accomplish their own activities, homework, and chores. It is domestic in the most perfect way, and Bakugou wishes that he could live days like this forever.

——————————————————————

But he doesn't
Cuz life
Enjoy the fluff while it lasts :D

Idk why but Hagakure just gives me the vibes that she'd watch that show soooooo boom and it was either that or My Little Pony (we need something lighthearted here, yk :3 )

This was my ✨second✨ movie scene I've written. How original of me, I know *hair swish* and did I spend 40 minutes of my life scrolling thru Horikoshi's Twitter to find the art at the top? Yes. Do I regret it? Slightly, but it's still chill cuz I've liked the art ever since I saw it in a vid

-Angry
Word Count: 857