Chapter 12: The Detective

Bakugou is sluggish as he gets ready. He doesn't feel like moving at all, a contrast to his usual activity, but what can he do? He can't lay lazily on his bed staring up at the ceiling all day no matter how much he wishes he could. He can't ignore everything in his life, unfortunately. He'll have to go outside sometime. So he slowly pulls on some baggy sweat pants and his skull tee shirt like any other non-school day.

He's already slept in, or laid on his bed awake, far later than usual in an attempt to ignore the world around him. It's already almost twelve pm, and his meeting with the detective is at one, quickly approaching. Bakugou groans and lays back onto his bed, glaring at the ceiling again. Why did he agree to do this?

The blonde groans irritably and rolls over to check his phone. Aizawa told him they will be meeting in the teacher's lounge and to be early, so Bakugou should get food and head out soon. After fifteen more minutes pass, Bakugou gets up again and leaves his room, scowling at the air in front of him, hands stuffed deep into his pockets as he slouches down the halls of the dorms.

The common area is mercifully empty, and Bakugou heads over to the kitchen, grabbing two bars, a banana, and a tall glass of milk. He eats slowly, glaring at the clock on the wall as its arms tick tauntingly around on their way to complete their newest circle. He sips from his glass and chews his food far slower than ever, anything to procrastinate his meeting, but sooner than he would like, the terrible clock seems to tick far more quickly than usual and lands on 12:40. Bakugou's eyes fall from the clock and he scowls at the empty wrappers, peel, and glass in from of him, but then he slams his hands onto the table forcefully, pushing himself up out of his seat, and moodily cleans up after himself.

He stuffs his hands back into his pockets as he frowns at the dorms' doors, stalking towards them, and as soon as he crashes then open he is met by a startled freckled face.

"Kacchan!" Midoriya yelps in surprise and flails after the door almost hits him.

Bakugou glares at Midoriya for a moment before huffing and walking past him, nudging the smaller boy out of his way.

The green boy gapes at him in surprise at not receiving a verbal reprimand, but then some odd emotion flickers across his face. "Wait, Kacchan!"

Bakugou doesn't stop his pace, not even glancing back towards the other boy. "Fuck off, Deku."

"Wait! Please don't go out th—" Midoriya begins, reaching out to stop the blonde.

Bakugou turns and shoves a hand in Midoriya's face, setting off a small explosion to force the boy back, making the greenette stumble to the ground on his rump. "Fuck. Off. Deku," Bakugou snarls, enunciating each word, turning back around and stalking down a path toward the school. Midoriya watches worriedly from his spot on the ground as Bakugou stomps away.

"Damn nerd, thinking he can tell me what the fuck to do," Bakugou grumbles as he makes his way toward the school with a fierce scowl. Why should he listen to that pitying bitch? He won't. So he keeps walking.

Bakugou soon finds himself in front of the school. Along the way, he's not even noticed the glances and mutterings in his direction, mind on his meeting and what he's going to have to say, but as soon as he enters the school he realizes all eyes are on him. Bakugou's nerves grow, fluttering around in his stomach. Could they know why he's here? Do they know about his meeting? No, they can't, he assures himself as he glares at each pair of eyes that so much as dare to look in his direction.

But...could they?

Bakugou forced his feet to move, one in front of the other, past the students, not even noticing the girls of his class watching him with worried gazes. He quickly makes it to the empty hallway that holds the entrance to the teachers' lounge.