Chapter 2: Suspicion

When Bakugou next opens his eyes his brain slowly processes multiple things.

He first notices he is in his waiting room.

He next notices that it is silent and nobody else is present.

Then he notices the weight on his face and arms.

Looking down, Bakugou takes a moment to recollect what had happened in his last battle and afterwards. He groans, leaning back in the chair he sits in, in front of a simple wooden table. How much weaker could he get? He had a panic attack at his own school for fuck's sake! In front of everybody and on live television! And, dammit, he is already starting to panic again, his heart picking up its rate.

A tear slides slowly down Bakugou's cheek as he gazes up at the ceiling. Why is he like this? What did he do so wrong to deserve this? Sure, he can be an ass, but...does that really call for such a thing?

The door opens to Bakugou's left and he gracelessly leaps to his feet, stumbling backwards slightly, eyes once again going wide as his brain puts him on the defense since he is in such a vulnerable position, chained up.

Red and green eyes look sadly and tearfully at Bakugou, whose own crimson orbs narrow at the intruders, incognizant of whom he is seeing in front of him, his body tensing and lowering into a fighting stance.

"Bakugou..." Kirishima's voice trails off, his hand raising towards the blonde, whose muscles strain even more at the movement. The redhead retracts his arm, pain filling his eyes.

"K-Kacchan?" Midoriya attempts to call from slightly behind Kirishima. The greenette sniffles and heaves a large breath, steadying himself. "Kacchan. It's me. It's Deku. C-calm down. We won't hurt you."

Bakugou's eyes narrow and Kirishima follows Midoriya's lead. "Yeah, bro. Come on. I'm Kirishima. Eijirou. We won't pull anything. It's alright."

The blonde seems to relax slightly and his cloudy eyes begin to clear. Suddenly, he seems confused and tries to speak, but only a strangled sound escapes the muzzle.

"Bro.... Hold on. I'll get it off of you, okay?" Kirishima says slowly, fighting tears. At a careful nod from Bakugou, Kirishima walks towards the other boy and carefully unstraps the muzzle, pulling it from the boy's face. Bakugou gasps as cool air touches his flushed skin.

"Wh-what they did w-was wrong. I don't know why Aiz-zawa sensei didn't st-stop it." Midoriya whispers. "I hope he didn't see it..." he says inaudibly.

Bakugou's brow furrows and Kirishima bites his lip, all three look towards the ground. The blonde hesitantly lifts his gaze towards the redhead. "Hey Shitty Hair. Get this damn thing off of me," he says, holding up his arms and the metal attached to them.

"Oh! Yeah, sure, Bakugou!" he exclaims, hurriedly getting to work to remove the metal contraption. As he fiddles with straps, his mouth opens and closes several times like a fish.

"The fuck you want to say, Shitty—"

"Are you okay?"

Bakugou's mouth snaps shut and he clenches his jaw. After an uncomfortably long silence, Bakugou responds, "I'm fucking fine, Shitty Hair. The fuck do you mean?"

Midoriya speaks up from their side nervously, fiddling with his fingers, "Well, Kacchan, y-you were c-crying and—"

"I did not fucking cry," Bakugou growls dangerously.

The greenette seems confused at the response. "What? But you were, Kacchan. When—"

"I DID NOT FUCKING CRY!"