Chapter 3: Teachers' Lounge

IMPORTANT
I decided to make this story include the dorms, so it will be based on the assumption that after the USJ incident UA developed the dorms alongside the security stuff they did in the canon plot line. Also, this story will not have the canon Hero-Killer Stain plot line where Iida's brother is attacked and he goes out for revenge (thought I should put this out there lol, cuz this is focused on Bakubaby)
-Angry
——————————————————

The class was given two days of rest after the Sports Festival. Bakugou continues in his normal pattern, exercising each morning before studying, only to do more training in the afternoon. He does notice, however, an odd lack of his classmates around the dormitory, though there are always some stragglers whispering something before going quiet when they see him.

The next morning after the break, the day they are to return to school, the common room and kitchen are filled with whispered chatter. The elevator dings as it opens, Bakugou stomping out of it like any other day, hands shoved into his pockets. He pauses in confusion, however, when he sees that most of the students are already downstairs when he is usually one of the earliest risers.

He rolls his eyes away from their concerned gazes, all of them having paused their conversations and looked towards him as he entered, and heads over to the kitchen, preparing a healthy, Bakugou-esque, breakfast of sunny side up eggs on toast.

The morning continues on fairly normally, though uncomfortably, and soon students begin to leave to head to class. Bakugou glares at Todoroki as the half-and-half haired boy passes him, alongside Midoriya, Uraraka, and Iida, though Bakugou is confused when he is given only a speculative gaze in return. He shakes off the odd feeling and grabs his bag before heading off to class. Quickly, Kirishima, Ashido, Sero, and Kaminari catch up with him and walk at his sides, chatting amicably. Bakugou knows they think he doesn't see it, but he is completely aware of each of their glances at him despite their attempts at being inconspicuous.

The group arrives at their classroom and they walk in as usual, each of them walking to their own desks, and Bakugou feels himself steadily becoming more angered as he feels gazes from all around the classroom flicker towards him in "secret." He plops down into his chair, swinging his feet onto his desk, and scowls towards the empty space in front of him that is where Hagakure's head would be had she been...you know, visible.

The chatter in the room dies down as soon as the bell rings, and moments later Aizawa slinks into the room in his yellow sleeping bag. The students watch as he slides inside, the door closing behind him, and masterfully maneuvers himself into a standing position at the podium, where everyone can see his bandaged, mummified face in the gap of the comfortable sack. The hero heaves a long, deep sigh, before speaking tiredly, "I'm not dealing with this today. Do what you want. Don't wake me up." The students cheer, especially Kaminari, whose arms shoot up as he leans back in his chair and shouts his excitement, only to topple backwards a moment later, landing in a graceless lump on the ground. Aizawa closes his eyes for a moment, as if to gather enough energy to deal with a second more of this class' activity, and speaks again, tired eyes looking piercingly into Bakugou's, making the boy sit up slightly straighter. "Bakugou, come to the teachers' lounge after school today."

The room freezes for a moment, students looking between Bakugou, whose brows are furrowed with his mouth drawn into a frown, and Aizawa, until the teacher groans and flops to the ground onto his side, rolling towards the wall where he closes his eyes and stills. The chatter returns quickly, though it is clearly prompted by several students who are trying to rescue the mood of the room.

Bakugou's eyes drop down to glare holes into his desk. After a few minutes of sitting silently and ignoring the chaos around him, Bakugou leans over and pulls out a book to study, slightly curious about why Kirishima and the others hadn't come up to bother him.

•••

The school day passes by fairly smoothly, though Bakugou receives many odd glances in the hallway, and there is no small amount of murmuring about his "villainous" behavior at the sports festival. Soon, the dismissal bell rings, and the students rise to leave. Bakugou remains seated in his chair and he ignores the glances thrown his way as everyone else exits the room.

"Hey, bro, it'll be alright, yeah?" a voice say to Bakugou's right. Turning, he sees Kirishima standing there with a forced smile that makes the redhead's eyes twist in an odd mimicry of an eye-smile.

Bakugou rolls his eyes, turning to stand up from his chair as he grabs his book bag. "Nobody fucking asked, Shitty Hair. Fuck off," he spats.

The blonde can see Kirishima's false smile falter minutely, but the redhead pretends nothing happened and raises a hand to rub at the back of his head. "Haha, alright, then, Bakubro. See you later!" Kirishima says, his voice strained. With that, the shark-toothed boy turns and painstakingly slowly walks away, closing the door behind him as Bakugou watches from where he still stands, frozen by his desk.

He takes a deep breath, closing his eyes for a moment. "Tsk. What the fuck is all of this about," Bakugou groans before finally making a move towards the door.

—————————————————

I actually had to chop this chapter up and make a different chapter cuz this got WAY too long but so this is the short part/lead in to the big bit lol so that'll be up right after this one

-Angry
Word Count: 941