EPILOGUE

Song for this chapter- Running Over by Justin Bieber ft Lil Dicky

***

Aidan gets up on the stage to give his valedictory speech and  Layla is legit shouting her lungs out, jumping and clapping from her seat, while my ears are at the verge of bleeding

Aidan gets up on the stage to give his valedictory speech and Layla is legit shouting her lungs out, jumping and clapping from her seat, while my ears are at the verge of bleeding. He winks at her from the stage and she immediately blushes.

"Aww, I thought Layla doesn't blush."
I coo mockingly and she rolls her eyes, shoving me playfully.

"Shut up. I wonder where Danté is. He should come around. I'm tired of having to deal with you."
She jabs, but the look of endearment in her eyes says otherwise.

"C'mon you can never have enough of all this."
I gesture to my body and Layla playfully gags.
"Don't make me lose my breakfast, my mom made special brownies. "

"Aww, how come I didn't get any?"
I whine, jutting out my bottom lip.

"Well first off, I was hungry. Secondly, somebody had to try on seventeen different dresses before deciding on which one to wear and it took a lot of energy on my part."

"To watch?"
I deadpan.

"Yeah, now shut up. Aidan's talking."

I roll my eyes, but shut up anyway. Aidan makes a few remarks concerning our teachers, friends and all that, and after a while of struggling to pay attention, my mind drifts off.

Where is Danté?
My mind wanders over the past few months. Danté and I started dating officially in December and it's been like nothing I could have possibly imagined.

After nearly being mauled by fans on two occasions, I had to cut my shift to twice a week, Monday and Thursday, during which Danté always showed up to keep me company. At some point, he decide to take up a few shifts and the influx of customers was crazy. Ricky never said a bad word to me again after that.

Layla, after being mandated by my dad,  made it her sole duty to gather class material for me anytime I had to take off for a talk show, music video shooting or any of the crazy shit Earl made me do.

Speaking of which, Earl 'unintentionally' scheduled one of my music video shootings for today by 5PM. The fuck? I mean, it's my damned graduation for Christ sake. Danté opted to help me finish up here with friends and parents before whisking me off to Range where I plan on giving Earl a piece of my mind before the shooting.

Which brings me back to my previous point of concern.
Where the hell is Danté???

An uproar of cheers and clapping erupts from the crowd and I realise that I just zoned out through Aidan's entire speech. I immediately bolt to my feet along with the rest of the crowd and cheer him on as he dismounts the stage.

***

An hour later, Layla, Aidan and I are seated at Magic Ice along with our parents, who apparently cannot stop gushing with congratulations and talking about the future. I mean, we graduated. Get over it, jeez.