Chapter 8 What happened..?

Evening at Konoha

"Kakashi-nii...jiji? What am I doing here?"

The Red hair was very confused, she was in an hospital bed and anbus were surrounding the place and her family members were around her bed looking like they haven't slept for nights. She felt dizzy. She tried to stand up but failed a pain in the back prevent her. She sighed, the only thing that she remember was that she was training. As she tried to recall her memories, the adults looked at her worrying.

....

"Don't worry, it is over" Kakashi gently patted her head.

"What do you recall?"

"Not much, I was training, I think."

"Ok and I didn't want to bring this up but how did you know it was us?"

Kakashi raised an eyebrow, he waved at her and she didn't react. Her bandage was seemingly firmly place over her face. Yuki looked thoughtful before coming up with a reply.

"I just feel it, I am not sure it is the right word, that it is Kakashi and that you are there jiji."

"Interesting have you read about different ninja types?"

"Yes...?"

"What is a sensory ninja?"

Then Yuki showed signs of  enlightenment.

"Ohhh, I see. I guess I have found what type I am ... wait, am I not supposed to have unlocked my chakra circulation before being able to do that?"

"Yes let me see"

The hokage observed the girl and nodded

"It seems that the incident has unlocked it under the pressure you were exposed."

The hokage observed Yuki and nodded.

"I see it seems that your chakra started flowing through your system. Perhaps it is due to the shock..."

Yuki looked at them with a confuse expression as if she didn't know at all what they were talking about. It was slightly unsettling to see her empty glance.

"Did she forget this traumatic event in a protective manner?" Kakashi had no idea but if she was already traumatized at this young age. He couldn't imagine what kind of after-effect she would face.

Even if he didn't have to face trauma before the age of seven. He really failed his teacher, there was absolutely no doubts. He should have already accepted to train her or at least care more about her. What if she had been severely injured or that she died alone in that training ground? He didn't know what he would have done in that second case. He would certainly have felt worse than when he killed Rin. He would probably have done something that would have made him reunited with his teacher to announce them that he had fail to protect their only legacy.

He felt a small cold hand take his as he had those dark thoughts, the girl couldn't even see him but she simply felt his dark state. She was really a small sunshine in his life, he had to treasure it. Kakashi made the oath that he would now on be there for the little girl and act as the proper big brother that his teacher and Kushina would have wanted him to be for their daughter. The red hair smiled, feeling him brighten. The hokage hadn't missed this silent exchange, he was truly happy for them and that Kakashi had finally got out of his denial state that he appreciates and values greatly his bond with Yuki. Although, they still had to figure out what exactly happens before Kakashi arrived and witnessed the chaos with the young girl in the middle.

....

Two days before, the evening of the attack on Yuki

Kakashi and the hokage were sitting beside a hospital bed. Yuki was sleeping artificially, her red hair sprawled on her pillow and her eyes bandaged. She looked as if she was peacefully asleep in her own bed.

Red Shadow : The Hidden Uzumaki (Naruto's older sister)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara