Chapter 29 : Sharingan Versus Sharingan

Konoha's gate

Kakashi was leaning on the gates of the village. He knew very well what the seinin had in mind. He never wished to become Hokage, he much preferred to remain free. It was not like he would rather become hokage either.

It was a heavy responsibility but he thought that the elders would be more insistent on the fact that Jiraya should replace the Third. They couldn't remain without a leader much longer. One day or another they would be attacked by Iwakagure or Kumogakure if they were to remain like this.

It seemed that Jiraya had achieved to make his point with them. He saw the sannin arrive in a bag on his back. The son of white Fang sighed he didn't wish this to happen again but he didn't like the fact that he would have to remind the sannin of the importance of Naruto. For the village but also simply emotionally.

"Kakashi," said simply the legendary ninja

"Jiraya-sama, I have heard that you were leaving with Naruto on a trip..." he said nonchalantly.

"That is exact, the gakki was so excited when I announced to him that I was bringing him along." Said the seinin fondly.

"I would just like to remind you of the importance that Naruto has for the village." He looked seriously in the eyes of the seinin. "We may not proactively use our Junchirki like the sand but before that, he is my student and I would like to have him back in one piece."

There was no ill intents in this demand, it was normal. Kakashi had seen enough people around him die or never return. He needed not to have the last child of his teacher dying or disappearing.

The sannin may be an important figure in the village. It wasn't a reason to completely trust him, he needed to make sure by himself that Naruto would be safe with him.

"I know no need to remind me." Yawned Jiraya.

"I feel the need to do this because the last member of the Uzumaki clan that went on a journey with a sannin never came back. I do not wish to attend another funeral, especially not of a kind and innocent soul like Naruto." Stated Kakashi.

Jiraya suddenly nodded gravely. He seemed distant as he evokes the biggest taboo in the village. Whenever Yuki was mentioned, everyone stopped what they were doing and started reminiscing about the young girl. Kakashi himself was no exception henceforth why he didn't mention her name. He should think of visiting her grave today.

"I understand your concerns, but he is in safe hands with me." Smiled Jiraya bitterly while they both saw Naruto make his way towards him.

Kakashi not wanting Naruto to see him nodded before shunshining at his student's sister's grave. He simply hoped that everything would indeed go well.

He was enough of a pathetic excuse of a teacher for having let Yuki Namikaze die along with her parents and his teammates, he didn't need to add another person to grieve for.

....

A few hours later, Konoha's dango shop

Itachi Uchiha never thought that he would come back to Konoha. He was enjoying the dangos of Konoha. He couldn't refrain from it. He had missed these freshly made dangos. Aww it was delicious even Kisame seemed to enjoy them.

The shark man was looking as if in heaven. The missing nin took a sip of his green tea. A quick glance around him and he just knew that they would have to cut short this heavenly snack break. They had work to do, he shunshined along Kisame with a discreet hand gesture.

"Oh look what we have here, Itachi Uchiha" said Asuma observing him more carefully.

"Asuma, Kurenai. It has been a while..."He trailed.