BEST PAL. 016

"You can do this, bal."

Sunghoon heaves a soft sigh and nods his head when Jake pats his shoulder. Three of them: Sunghoon, Jake, and Jay are going back to the resort. They bought a bouquet of flowers for Riki and as they passed by a street, they all froze in surprise when Riki and Heeseung were just among the crowd.

Heeseung spots the three and his eyes widen— seeing the way Sunghoon panicked as Jay and Jake cover him. 'Wait,' Heeseung thinks to himself and glances at Riki who hasn't noticed their presence. "Riki, I forgot something. Come with me," Heeseung lies and pulls Ni-ki gently as he slides his arm over the younger's shoulder. Heeseung glances at the three once again and Jake chuckles while mouthing a 'thank you.'

Jake and Jay link arms with Sunghoon who's visibly nervous. "It's okay, everything will be alright, Hoonie."

Jay nods his head, "I can't believe you actually liked him. I mean, you were a bit suspicious, but— it still shocked me. Anyway, I'm proud of you."

"Thanks," Sunghoon nods his head, glancing at Jake. "Uhm. Sorry that I only told Jake about this."

"Yah, you don't have to apologize. Was that why you two would look like you guys have an inside joke or something?" Jay snickers. "Don't keep secrets from me anymore, though."

"Never again!"

Jake giggles and the three best friends make their way back to the beach resort.

Since a week ago, Sunghoon had been approaching Jake for some advice. He told him everything— in fact, he was the first one to know about Sunghoon's feelings for their best friend. Jay understands why Jake was the only one Sunghoon asked for advice, anyway. Jake, too, was in the same position as Sunghoon.

Back then, when they were still in college, Jake fell in love with their other best friend, Heeseung. The both of them were always nice to each other, different from Sunghoon and Ni-ki who bicker a lot, they were awkwardly too nice with each other so people saw it coming. It's a bit amusing, really. The pairs fell in love with each other from the same friend group, except for Jay who's quite happy with Jungwon. Jake remembered everything really well.

He remembered how nervous he was that he had fallen in love with Heeseung. After all, Heeseung is the oldest in their friend group and he usually acted as their older brother, but after nearly a year where they became close friends, he started developing feelings for him. Jake was scared that he'll ruin their friendship, so he kept everything to himself, until one day, he confessed everything to Heeseung. He risked everything, even if it meant they would feel awkward if Heeseung actually didn't reciprocate his feelings. But he didn't mind. Even if it means Heeseung avoiding him, at least he was able to get everything off his chest and tell everything to Heeseung. And to his surprise, Heeseung tells him, too. 'I like you, too, Jakey.'

"I'm finally ready," Sunghoon softly sighs. "If things go downhill today.. I just wanna say, thank you guys, still, for helping me."

"That's what we're here for, right?" Jay smiles at him. He gives him a reassuring pat in the shoulder, "I hope it ends well for both of you."

"Thanks, bal. Seriously, all of you."

✧˚ · .

Jungwon can't keep still. He's been pacing around the room while EXO-CBX's Blooming Day plays on loop. Sunoo, getting irritated at the repetitive song, throws a pillow to Jungwon. "Can you shut up?!"

"CaN yOu shUt uP?"

"You little—," Sunoo stands up and the two start hitting each other with pillows, laughing loudly as they give each other careless attacks and dodging the other pillow.After calming down, Jungwon lays down with his back against the bed and Sunoo plops down beside him, laying on his stomach as the two look at each other.