BACK. 010

Maybe the kiss didn't mean anything. Jungwon thinks of that as he waits in the bleachers of the racetrack. He zones out, hands interlocked against his stomach. Two days had passed since that night, and Jay couldn't get out of his head.

Eunho was sitting beside him, finalizing some stuff while they wait for other participants of the race about to take place in thirty minutes. Jungwon's mind drifts far away— and finds himself thinking of Jay once again.

Maybe Jay regrets kissing him? He probably doesn't remember, but Jungwon's scared because what if he does remember? Staring into space, Jungwon thinks of only one thing. Maybe Jay did kiss him though it was out of control. Alcohol taking over people usually gives them overwhelming confidence and makes their emotions more prominent.

The screams of the crowd snaps Jungwon back to reality. "PARK JONGSEONG!!!" He looks to see Jay zipping up his race suit. The dark-haired guy is finally back after two whole months of hiatus, so his fans made sure to attend the competition to show their support. Jay flashes them a smile— the smile where only a corner of his lips perk up and he waves at them, making BLUEJAYs scream among themselves.

Unknowingly, a smile starts forming on Jungwon's face, too, but he immediately wipes it off after realizing that Eunho is most likely looking at Jay, too. Jay glances at Jungwon's direction and Jungwon only looks away as he pretends to be looking for his water bottle. 'God, I hope he doesn't remember.'

Jay looks away after seeing the glare on Eunho's face and he awkwardly clears his throat.

✧˚ · .

"Fifteen minutes until the race!"

A staff member approaches Jungwon. "It's time for your interview and picture-taking."

Jungwon nods and walks to the staff where there are also other racers being interviewed. After answering a few questions Jungwon already got used to, questions like 'how are you feeling? Do you think your practice pays off? Any tips for people?' Jungwon ends his interview, until he freezes upon seeing a staff member walking towards him with Jay trailing behind.

Jay looks at Jungwon and sees the younger panic a bit. He catches how Jungwon looked a bit surprised and he looks like he wants to run away. Furrowing his eyebrows, Jay scratches the back of his head. 'What's with him?'

"It's time for your interview together, both of you."

"Huh?" Jungwon mutters and glances at Eunho who doesn't seem fazed. Jungwon gulps and only glances at Jay before subtly panicking again as he looks away immediately. For some reason, he can't look at Jay without reacting like he's about to shriek.

The camera starts rolling so both of them don't have any time to complain.

"Jay, how do you feel competing with Jungwon again?"

Jay looks at Jungwon who glances at him. Awkward— everything is awkward, especially for Jungwon. Jungwon feels his heart race at the feeling of Jay's gaze on him.

"I'm looking forward to the results. I know that Jungwonie works hard, so I'll take this as a challenge," Jay says while looking at Jungwon.

The interviewer chuckles. "Jungwonie?"

Jay realizes that he called Jungwon that, making him nervously chuckle as he shrugs his shoulders.