VISIT. 005

✧˚ · .
REMINISCENCE ... 🕰️
recollection of memories.

Jay was nervous. He looked around and sighed for the umpteenth time that day, his eyes wandering around the unfamiliar racetrack. He was standing up: studying the tracks so he'll be able to prepare for the upcoming race which is in a week. It's his first time joining a competition as a racer, having just quit his two years of trainee life. He's already 20 after all, and he just thought that being an idol didn't suit out for him. Maybe in another universe.

He spotted a black Lamborghini driving around. He was amazed by the speed and fast reflexes the driver has. Jay's mouth slightly fell agape and there was already no doubt that the race car driver has amazing skills. After the lamborghini finished the lap, it stopped, and out of the car came a boy.

'Wow,' Jay thought, seeing as the racer looked at his direction, taking off his gloves. The stranger seemed to be looking at Jay for a short while before walking to his direction. A bit startled and not knowing what to do, Jay slightly panicked and looked around to spot his other friend, Nicholas, who was in the same specialized school as him so they both already knew each other. Nicholas only smirked and waved at him before leaving to drive around the racetrack too.

The cute-looking boy jogged towards Jay and it panicked Jay even more. One thing Jay was certain of is that the racer intimidated him with his driving skills but it made him flustered how cute he actually looked behind the wheel. His cat-like eyes drew Jay's attention, his damp hair shining against the sunlight, and not to mention, his natural blush. As Jay froze when the latter slowed down his pace as he walked, he played it off cool as he only watched the boy go to him.

But Jay felt embarrassment flush over him when he realized that the stranger walked past him to grab his stuff that was coincidentally on the chair beside Jay.

'I'm so assuming,' Jay thought to himself.

The shorter boy- who Jay realized to be tinier than him after he stood beside him, glanced at Jay before saying something after drinking from his water bottle. "Hi."

'Oh shit, is he talking to me?' was all Jay could think of before looking at him, too. 'He's so pretty. He's even prettier up close,' he shook those thoughts off as he responded, trying his best not to sound flustered. "Umm, hello."

"I haven't seen you around here before," the boy said.

"Me too," 'dumbass. It's your first time being here, of course you haven't seen him before.'

The stranger chuckled and Jay found himself staring at him. To add another stunning factor to the person's features, dimples were visible whenever the cute boy smiled. His smile was even so bright that it caused Jay to silently fanboy.

"Ah, well, uh.. Do you wanna be friends?" Jay asked him, a slight smile forming on his face. The cute boy's face lit up and he nodded his head, reaching his hand out for Jay to shake. Jay chuckled in amusement at the stranger's enthusiasm, before introducing himself. "I'm Jay."

"Nice to meet you, Jay," he smiled brightly. The two of them held each other's hands for a handshake, and for a while, Jay felt like the feeling of the boy's hand on his seemed perfect, and it was so strange as he never felt that way before.

The boy stared at him for a while, their hands still slowly shaking, as if neither of them wanted to let go yet, and it was a bit funny if other people saw them that way. Well, that was probably in Nicholas' case because he burst out laughing inside his car when he saw the two staring at each other with slight smiles on their faces and their hands still shaking slowly. They looked like they just got struck by Cupid's arrow. Finally saying his name, the stranger giggled a bit before letting go of Jay's hand.