USED TO. 004

A bad habit of Jungwon's is that he always pressures himself to do the best. He has disappointed his dad so much that he's scared of ruining everything again. He overworks himself, too, finding it as a punishment.

Hours and hours passed as he just continues to hold the Lamborghini's steering wheel. He's the only one racing in Yaichiro Racetrack, feeling stuffy and exhausted, but he doesn't mind. Choosing to ignore his empty stomach and tired arms and legs, Jungwon speeds up, knowing damn well that Eunho's eyes followed his every movement.

After ten laps, he hears Eunho tell him to stop through his headphones.

✧˚ · .

"Start practicing again tomorrow morning. Get here by seven. You'll be working until eight in the evening," Eunho says sternly.

Well, shit. The thought of fifteen hours in the dreaded racetrack already frustrates Jungwon, but he can't complain. He only nods his head and dries his sweat with his handkerchief. Eunho glances at him again and grabs his own car keys before turning back to leave. That's it, no more "you did well today," no more "eat dinner soon," and no more "get home safely."

Jungwon, frowning, only watches as his father leaves him alone. He heaves a sigh and glances at his Lamborghini- he hates driving a sports car if he's not racing (plus he has been driving for hours; he's exhausted) so he decides to take a ride in a bus or a train instead.

✧˚ · .

"Hello, Jungwon hyung!"

Jungwon looks up to find a tall, blonde boy approaching him. He furrows his eyebrows in confusion when the person sits down beside him and starts talking to him as if they were friends. What confuses him the more is that he knows he's best friends with Jay. They hung out twice but that was way before he started avoiding everyone.

"Uh, hello, Ni-ki...?" Jungwon mutters, sounding like he's questioning his own words. Seeing Ni-ki around isn't a surprise, the photographer is the son of the owner of Yaichiro Racetrack, anyway.

"What are you doing here?" Ni-ki asks.

"I'm resting," Jungwon says and looks away as he rubbed the back of his neck. He's confused as to why the younger was talking to him, but he can't ignore him, either. He may be cold sometimes, but he still isn't rude.

"Ahhhh," Ni-ki slowly nods. They were at the exit of the racetrack. "Jake hyung is picking me up."

"Okay?" Jungwon raises a brow and glances at Ni-ki. "Why are you telling me this?"

Ni-ki looks like he was trying not to laugh as he shakes his head in an attempt to control his facial features. "Well.. you see, you can hitch with us. Jake hyung is really nice, he can drive you to where you want, too. Just.. don't judge his driving skills, you're a really great racer, after all."

Pursing his lips in a thin line, Jungwon stares at Ni-ki, dumbfounded. Get kidnapped? No way. "Err. Thank you, but I'll be fine on my own," Jungwon sighs. The least thing he wanted is to affiliate himself with Jay's friends.

"Hmm, okay, suit yourself," Ni-ki mutters, "but the bus stop is a thirty minute walk and the train station is probably a two hour walk. I don't know, you might be exhausted," Ni-ki shrugs his shoulders. Just in time, a car arrives and upon seeing the vehicle, Ni-ki stands up excitedly. "Jake hyung's here. Our offer still stands, okay?" He glances at Jungwon before turning away to approach the car.

Contemplating a bit, Jungwon ends up sighing as he murmurs, "wait..."

✧˚ · .