Chapter Nineteen

The drive back home was silent. She knew that Can was deep in thought about this executive from the tire company. She knew better than to question him on the issue, not when he felt like he had been pushed into a corner, and she knew that's how he felt. 

When they pulled up in front of their house Can finally broke his silence, " Babe I'm sorry we couldn't leave today. I promise we will go tomorrow as soon as this ridiculous meeting is over." He reached for her hand, his eyes looking deep into hers. She could see the regret that filled his heart. She smiled as she caressed his face, " There's no need to be so sad about it my love, we have the rest of our lives together. We will have plenty of time for all the little getaways that we could want." She leaned over meeting his lips with a soft and lingering kiss. 

Sanem possessed a way of making him forget about all the things that made him upset or worried. He pulled her closer to him as that soft kiss turned into a deep and demanding kiss, one that had them both begging for more. She backed away, her eyes closed, as a slight smile eased across the face, " I think we had better go inside." She murmured, " Before the neighbors get more than they bargained for."  Can held onto her, not letting her go, " Who cares about the neighbors, all I care about is you." He covered her mouth again with even more passion, as she felt that ache of desire surge through her body. They had only on thing on their minds as they entered the house and he guided her eargerly into the bedroom.

She sat in the garden wrapped in a sheet. She wondered how anything could be better than what she had just experienced. A getaway to some fancy resort in Alacati couldn't possibly make what they had together any more special.

She needed to call Dr. Baris while Can was still asleep to setup an appointment. Maybe they could meet while Can was in his meeting, she thought as she reached for her phone. " Dr. Baris, it's Sanem Divit, I've had a change of plans and I wondered if we could meet tomorrow." She spoke. They agreed on 11:00 am, and the doctor would come to their home. That would give them time to talk while Can was away. As much as Sanem wanted to feel that sense of relief, she was still full of fear, the fear of all the unknown that might still be inside her.

Can looked in the back garden and saw her sitting there, he was still amazed at the way she made him feel. He strode across the lawn, " Here you are, been looking everywhere for you." He announced leaning down to kiss her. He pulled up a chair and sat down, " I think we should go out for dinner tonight, what do you think. If we can't go to Alacati today then lets at least go for a nice dinner." He started. She agreed quickly, " That sounds great, do you have a place in mind." Sanem hoped that a dinner date would take her mind off of her problems. " As a matter of fact I do, a new place that hasn't been open very long. It's a little fancy though." He remarked wrinkling up his nose. 

He had never been a fan of dressing up, even though he could make anything look good on him. It excited her to put on one of her best dresses, apply a little extra makeup and curl her hair. She hadn't fixed herself up like that since their wedding. She chose her blue dress, it was a little fitted, showing off every curve just right. It was shorter than she felt comfortable in, but that seemed to be the style. That vibrant color of blue complimented her dark hair and her soft bronze skin color. Her long hair cascaded down her back in shiny defined curls. Can always liked her hair down, it was something he couldn't keep his hands off. 

He peeked around the corner into her dressing room, watching her put the finishing touches on her hair, " Sanem you look gorgeous, no, ...more than gorgeous, you look absolutely stunning." He remarked, his eyes roving over her body. She smiled, her insides tingling from his stare, "Thank you, you are very handsome yourself my husband." She turned seeing him in black trousers and a white button-up shirt with the cuffs turned up to show off his accessories. His hair pulled back neatly in a bun and his necklaces lying against his chest, visible from his half unbuttoned shirt. So simple, yet so alluring. He was the most handsome man she had ever seen. Together they made a head-turning couple, beautiful and powerful.....

The restaurant was beautiful and elegant, making her a little nervous. She didn't normally visit places like this, but she knew she would have to get accustomed to it being Mrs. Can Divit. Can had noticed all the heads turning as they entered the room, making him proud. She was glowing as they walked in hand and hand. 

They had hardly began their meal when a gentleman walked up to the table, " Mr Divit, Mrs. Divit, how are you?" The man asked, extending his hand for a handshake. Can responded cautiously, " Hello, annnddd you are?"  He replied, reaching for his hand. The man smiled, " I'm sorry, we met a while ago, but not under the best of circumstances. I'm Ceyda Sancaks father." He conveyed, not knowing what to expect. 

Can quickly turned to Sanem, to give her a look of reassurance and a nod. " Of course, Mr. Sancak, I do remember now. What can I do for you?" Can asked, trying to control his emotions.

The elderly man hung his head, the look of embarrassment covering his face, " I'm sure I was the last person you expected to see here tonight, and I do apologize for interrupting your dinner." He spoke, glancing at Sanem. " But I felt I needed to tell you again how sorry I am for the part that my daughter played in that unforgivable encounter for you and your wife." He nervously cleared his throat, " Ceyda has been under doctors care since she gave her account of what happened and her part in it, but that by no means excuses her from any guilt." The father explained. " She is nervously awaiting the outcome of her actions." 

Can listened as he explained, knowing how hard it must have been for him to admit the flaws of his only child. " Mr. Sancak, what Taner and Ceyda did to my wife, and to me, has caused us more pain then you could imagine. But we are moving on with our lives, so I think you need to do the same..

The gentleman raised his head to look at Can, " Thank you Mr. Divit, but I think you need to know that even though Taner Yilmaz is in prison, he is still in full control of the outside whole. I just want you and your wife to be aware of that. He is still trying to involve my daughter in his manic behavior. So please do not let your guard down." And with that, he nodded and walked away

A rush of heat surrounded Sanem as she listened to his words...

" He knows everything we are doing, she thought. " He is still watching us." Her mind swirling with the new information.

She had never wished anything bad on anyone before, ....but oh how she wished he would just disappear......