Chapter Thirteen

They had decided to take the day off from the agency. Sanem was still shaky and uncertain about the night before, the thought of work was a bit to much. Can had taken Sanem back to bed, laid beside her gently stroking her hair and taking in her aroma until she drifted off to sleep again. He heard Emre rambling through the house so he covered Sanem with a blanket and quietly snuck out of the room. " Good morning Abi, you look like hell, what's wrong." Emre asked wrinkling up his forehead. Can shook his head, "Emre I'm not sure if I can tell you, but Sanem and I won't be in the office today. She had a very bad night and so did I."  Can replied, leaning back against the counter. Emre could tell it was something serious, " What do you mean, a bad night, is she sick?" He questioned, feeling alarmed. Can sighed, knowing that if he told anyone what was going on it would be acknowledging that Sanem had a problem, it would make all of this....real. 

" Abi, I will tell you later." He uttered, not quite ready to admit it out loud yet, especially to Emre. His brother shook his head, " Ok, but if you need help just let me know. How's the buying of the house coming along? He inquired. The thought of the house hadn't entered Cans mind since the day before, but that might be just what they needed to distract them from all these bad things. He looked up at Emre as if he had said something wonderful, " That's it Emre, we will go shopping today. We need to furnish the rest of the house, what better way to get her mind off what's happening." Can started with excitement. Emre smiled and patted Can on the back, " Ok Abi, I hope things get better for you both. So you will be moving in a couple of weeks?" Emre asked. " Yes, sooner if I can speed things up some. We really need to be in our own home, I think that just might solve a lot a things."  Can replied, with a look of satisfaction. 

Although Metin was a corporate lawyer, Cans personal lawyer had kept him up to date on what was going on with the case. Metin had been the one to find and rescue Sanem when Taner kidnapped her, and the fact that he was Cans closest friend made him more than interested in this case. So, Metins' phone call to Cans lawyer wasn't out of the ordinary, " Hello Mr. Ozturk, what's the latest on the Yilmaz case?" He asked. The slight hesitation sent up a red flag for Metin, "Ferit,  is there a problem, what has Mr. Yilmaz done now." Metin asked, knowing there must have been something because that was just the type of crazy he was. Mr. Ozturk hadn't wanted to be the person to call and tell Can. He knew the temper he had, has seen it on several occasions, but this was different. "Metin, he insists on seeing Ms.Divit, he told his attorney that he would confess to everything, sign any paper they wanted his to sign, but only if she would come to see him."  Metin winched at the thought of Sanem going to see him, but even more  at the thought of having to tell Can about it. " Why did he want to see her, did he say. I don't think it's a good idea, and besides he's not the one to make the deals." Metin declared, feeling the deepest contempt for Mr. Taner Yilmaz. 

As bad as he hated it, Metin agreed that he should be the one to present Sanem with his offer. He knew what Cans response would be, and he totally agreed with it, but in the end it would be Sanems decision. It would hurry things along with his sentencing and also seal the fate on Ceyda Sancak. But would Can see it that way, ....he didn't think so. Sanem had brought out a different side of his friend Can Divit, he had become this doting and protective person. He had surrendered his heart and soul to this woman he loved, and Metin knew he would fight them every step of the way. 

Emre left for work and Can returned to the bedroom eager to snuggle up with his wife for a while longer. The bed was empty and he could hear the water running in the shower, as he stepped around in to the bathroom he could barely see her image there through the fogged over glass. But he could see enough, enough to make his heart pound with excitement and his breath become shallow. He quickly undressed and quietly opened the shower door, the vision of her standing there, completely unaware that he had entered the shower, made him want her even more. He reached out, touching her shoulder and letting his hand slide down her wet skin. She closed her eyes as he stepped up behind her, his body formed like a glove against hers. The heat from his skin made the steam rise up around them, as he encircled her body with his arms. The  firmness of her body and the appearance of the thousand goosebumps rising up on her skin,  brought on a volcano of desire for her. She could feel his erection firmly press against her back, that feeling of wanting and needing him became instant and overwhelming. He could make her forget anything and everything that was on her mind and bring her to a point of collapse.. She turned and welcomed him, inviting him to take her, willing and openly. He lifted her up and she wrapped her legs around him, " Can, we will be late for work." She whispered, teasing him as she nibbled gently on his ear. Her actions fired him even more, " No we won't." He mumbled, as he held her up against the wall of the shower. " Because we're not going, ....this is what we're doing today, ..all day." He spoke, as he entered that place that drove him crazy and made him feel like nothing else could.

She watched him in the mirror as she brushed through her hair, " So we aren't going to work today." She asked, her eyes fixed on each delicious muscle of his body as he dried off. He smiled at her,  feeling her eyes as they roamed over him, " No, but if you keep looking at me like that, we won't even leave the house, which is fine with me but we won't be able to finish our furniture shopping." He spoke, giving her a wink. She felt that warmth of embarrassment creep up her neck and over her face.  She looked away from him, focusing back on fixing her hair, " Furniture shopping, good, so maybe we can get it all done today. Have you heard from the realtor? I'm ready to move in, aren't you?"  She asked, her voice full of energy. The ringing of his phone interrupted their thoughts. He grabbed his phone from the nightstand, " Hello Metin, what's going on." Can announced, hoping this was purely a social call.....

Metin could hear the happiness in his friends voice, and now he would have to be the one to possibly shatter that happiness.

" Hey brother, how are you and Sanem." He started with hesitation. Just the sound of Metins voice was all Can needed to know something was wrong...

A feeling of dread began to boil up deep inside him....

" I'm not sure Metin.....why don't you tell me how we are.  What's happened?"......