Chapter 35: Hard knocks

***

---Decepticon Warship---

Date: July 21st, 2186

Soundwave was typing away at the keyboard, decoding the 2nd Iacon relics location while Megatron was right behind him, sitting down while Knockout treats his wounds from fighting the doom slayer for a second time.

"With all due respect my liege, I don't think fighting the slayer head-on is a great idea" Knockout says as he treats Megatrons injuries, pointing out the obvious.

"He beat me by surprise" Megatron tries to cover his ass that he was beaten because the slayer ambushed him.

"Way to step things up, Soundwave, I do hope this Iacon relic is something less sacred and more profane, like an electro disruptor cannon. We can use one of those" Blitzwing enters the bridge of the warship.

"Blitzwing, you have the all-clear to retrieve this relic, and to terminate any Autobot or human that is in your way" Megatron gives permission to Blitzwing to retrieve the relic

Blitzwings face changes into a more fear-inducing look as he laughs like a maniac, showing off his servo which has a soundwave cannon that causes shockwaves.

---Autobot base---

Optimus, VEGA, and alongside Dr. Hayden who now has his fully mechanical body back were all helping each other to decode the Iacon coordinates.

"I'm gonna be a great warrior someday... Like Optimus" Smokescreen says as he looks at the star saber which was sitting on a podium.

"Well, train hard and gain some wisdom along the way and I'm sure it'll happen" Bulkhead shrugs.

Smokescreen turns around to face Bulkhead "Oh it will, it's my destiny" he smirks as Flynn is cringing inside his helmet.

While Flynn does want Smokescreen to be a great warrior, he has to first gain that title and then boast, if he wants to or Smokescreen humbles himself.

"How so?" Arcee asks with a smug look across her face.

"Well, one minute I'm on security detail on Iacon, the next I wake up on the other side of the galaxy to find myself under Optimus's command! I mean what are the chances right? things happen for a reason" Smokescreen brags.

"We get it Smokescreen, you're special-we're lucky to have you" Arcee rolls her eyes.

"All I really am saying is.. that I've come a long way and this is one opportunity that I don't plan on messing up" Smokescreen tries to humble his explanation of how he's going to be a great warrior so that he doesn't look as he is bragging about it all the time.

"Autobot!" Optimus calls out as he gets everyone's attention "The next Iacon coordinates have been decoded... Rachet, ready the portal"

Rachet starts preparing the coordinates as Optimus informs the team that Arcee, Chromia, alongside with BJ will go to retrieve this omega key

The portal opens as Arcee and Chromia transform into their bike forms so that BJ was able to ride them.

BJ hops on Chromia as they both speed off into the portal as they exit onto a pontoon where people would usually fish but not today.

BJ gets off to then pull out his M4A1 as Chromia and Arcee transform into their bot forms, pointing their blasters out

They then see the Omega key, standing up straight on top of a boulder as if it was carefully placed there.