Chapter Twenty-Nine

Jay's POV

I pulled into my driveway, watching Dawn's jaw drop. "This," I gesture around us as I pull to a stop outside the large doors. "Is just the beginning to what I can afford. I can buy you anything you want." I wink, knowing full well she doesn't care about the money. She scoffs, but I can still see the awe in her eyes.

"You're too prideful, Jay." She teases, I chuckle and race over to her side of the car to help her out and open the door for her. With a gentle hand against her back, I lead her inside the house. Instantly, with her presence, the house didn't feel so cold and empty anymore.

She giggles, but I pull her towards the place I know she'll love the most. It won't be the living room, library, bedroom, or office. But the kitchen.

She gasps as we walk in, eyes wide of wonder. "Do you like it?" I murmur against her ear, wrapping my arms around her waist. She spins around in my arms, hands flat against my chest as she looks up at my towering frame.

"Like it?" She squeals, looking at me in shock and wonder. "I love it! The double ovens, the space, the lighting! Jay, you have no idea how beautiful it is do you? Imagine baking and dancing and singing! I can do so much in here! I can bake five cakes at once without a sweat! Oh, and the windows! I love the big windows! And there's so much storage, counterspace, and that beautiful island!" She rips away from my arms to run around the kitchen, exploring everything.

She grabs ahold one of the handles to the pantry, expecting it to be like the one at the house but it opens up to reveal a hidden room. The pantry was as big as Emmie's room, so Dawn's squeals were high. She peeks out of the pantry, looking at me in embarrassment. "I'm weird, aren't I?" She speaks quietly, but the happiness in her eyes filled me with joy.

"No, darling. You, my love, are perfect. I love how excited you get when I show you a huge kitchen, and I love watching you bake and cook for your bakery-diner-café place." I laugh at the long term, but cross over to her and pull her up into my arms. I set her down on the counter, loving how high off the ground they were. Her legs swung, maybe about two feet off the ground.

She blushes under my intense gaze, lowering her head. I grab her chin gently, tugging her face up to look at me. "You are beautiful." I whisper, capturing her lips with mine.

Then my phone begins to ring. I sigh, leaning away from Dawn to answer the phone, still keeping her trapped on the counter. "Hello?" I heave a sigh, looking at Dawn softly as I cup the side of her face.

"Where are you two? I can only do so much to keep my wonderful Aunt and Uncle from wondering about where you are. Emmie is getting exhausted from swimming, Silver is already dead asleep beside me, and my Aunt and Uncle are waiting for that dinner and explanation you promised them. I don't even know where Carter is, so good luck with him." Kieran says quickly into the phone, I roll my eyes.

'Work troubles?' Dawn mouths, I shake my head.

"Fine. Head back to the house, we'll meet up there and get ready for dinner. Tell the family I said to dress-up, like fancy, and if they don't have the clothes that I already have a selection laid out on their beds." I reply, Kieran chuckles.

"Of course, you do. See you then." He replies, hanging up on me. Dawn looks at me, slightly confused.

"Kieran called, he says that he's running out of ideas to keep your family busy. We have to head back and get ready for my wonderful dinner and my explanation so hopefully your family doesn't kill me or throw me to the government." I explain, kissing her forehead gently. She pouts, but with a sigh she hops off the counter without my help.

"Fine. How much do I have to dress up?" She sighs, taking my hand and interlacing our fingers.

"Well, like an evening gown or dress." I reply, she nods.