Chapter Twelve

Jay's POV

I sit in class, not even paying attention as I scroll through my phone and send texts and emails. I sigh in frustration as I see one of my new assistants emailing me once again about the Black design and incoming shipments that she apparently lost.

"Mr. Pierce! Do you mind telling me what's more important than your education?" Professor Harrison asks, I roll my eyes and look up at him.

"My fiancé, her siblings, all my companies, my stupid assistants telling me we lost even more shipments because they can't keep track of their jobs, and all the millions of projects that I have going on right now." I snap, glaring harshly at him. Everyone stares at me silently as I stand, five men of mine standing as well. My phone rings, I snap it open harshly.

"What?" I speak sharply, there's a shuddering breath on the other line.

"S-Sir, I'm sorry. Mr. Black pulled out of the deal and the shipment 201 has been stolen." My assistant shudders, I tighten my fist.

"You know, you're not the biggest idiot in the world but you should hope that they don't die." I growl into the phone, snapping it closed. My phone begins to ring again, I open it. Before I could say anything, I hear a shuddering breath.

"Jay..." My Sunshine whimpers, I soften and begin to leave the classroom.

"What's wrong, Love?" I murmur.

"Jayden Pierce! Get back in here!" Professor Harrison shouts, I flip him off as I head out the door and down the hall with my bodyguards swarming around me.

"I miss you." She whispers, I sigh softly.

"I miss you too, Sunshine. I miss cuddling you and holding you. I miss kissing you every morning and before bed. I miss taking you to and from school, and taking you to my work, and showing you off and showing everyone that you're mine. I miss everything we used to do together. I miss you. And your cooking too." I admit, she giggles. Jumping into my car, I leave my guards behind as I drive to my dorm.

"You miss my cooking?" She laughs, I chuckle softly.

"Definitely." I reply, smirking. She sighs, the sounds of laughter and splashes could be heard in the background.

"Emmie! Be careful!" Dawn calls anxiously, but all you could hear was laughter in reply. She sighs, and I could imagine her shaking her head with her hand cupping her forehead. "Why can't we just... runaway for a bit? Just leave our problems and take a vacation! Just us, you know?" She whispers into the phone, I tilt my head.

"There's nothing stopping us. I can easily switch my homework onto online for a bit, you can get your homework before we go, and then we can just go away for a bit. We can ask Elijah and Elliot to babysit, as well as leave all the guards with them, and we can just enjoy ourselves for a bit." I smile, hoping she'd agree with my plan.

Silence meets my words, I frown as I begin to worry. "I'd like that." She finally answers, I beam as excitement takes over.

"Perfect! Any place you'd like to go to?" I ask, getting out my computer to start looking.

"No, I just want to be with you." She sighs, I frown at how sad she sounds.

"I want to be with you too." I agree, knowing it sounded lame but it was the truth.

"My only request is that you leave your work behind. I want you to relax and to not be distracted." She gushes out anxiously, holding her breath.

"I'm fine with that, Darling. You don't need to be afraid to ask me for something like this, I'd do anything for you." I smile, beginning to type in beautiful vacation spots. She sighs out in relief, giggling softly as she untenses.

"I'm glad! You just seem so tense and I want you to enjoy our vacation." She giggles, I smile and relax against my pillows.

"Me too, Love. Me too." I agree, smiling brightly.

"Dawn! What are you up to? Who are you talking to?" I hear an unfamiliar voice ask, I furrow my eyebrows. I haven't heard anything about Dawn having new friends I didn't know about.

"Hold on, Jay. Um, it's just my boyfriend." Dawn offers, I hear a deep chuckle.

"Well, hang up with him and join us in the pool! But first, you need to change into a swim suit or I'll have to throw you in there fully clothed!" A manly voice laughed, I clenched my jaw. Who dares talk to my girlfriend without permission?

"Um, sorry but I don't really want to swim. I'm just watching you guys because I have to take care of Emmie and her friend, and make sure you guys don't do adult things." Dawn answers, I glare ahead of me.

"Come on, Topino! It'll be fun!" I hear one of my men call out. I stand up quickly, jealousy flowing through my veins.

"I'm fine but thank you. Jayden, I'm sorry give me a second." She says, and I hear her voice get quiet as she talks in hushed tones.

"Fine, you're no fun!" I hear the same voice exclaim childishly. Dawn giggles softly, putting the phone back next to her ear.

"Sorry about that. But yeah, I can't wait until we go on vacation! When are we leaving?" Dawn asks excitedly, I relax slightly.

"No clue. I'll talk to you when I have an idea, but just begin packing for some place... warm but bring coats and jackets too. I have an idea of where we're going, but I'm going to surprise you!" I say boisterously, she laughs.

"Okay, Jay! I love you." She says softly, I slightly smile.

"I love you too, Sunshine. I'll talk to you later, bye." I hang up, and quickly get out a suitcase and pack a few shirts and jeans. Tossing some things into my suitcase, I call up the place I want to take Dawn too.

"Sonia Rentals, how can I help you?" A cheery voice answers, I smirk.

"Hi, I'd like to rent out a house of yours."

________________________________________________________________________________

Please vote for the book Dawning Love, the first book in His Light series! Thanks for reading!

xoxo

Adelaide