Chapter Twenty-Seven

Jay's POV

I sigh as I walk through my Mafia offices, knowing that Dawn was waiting in my office for me as I try to get everything I needed and get out. I was treating Dawn and her family to a nice vacation, sort of as an apology to her family as I explain what happened.

So, while Dawn was in my office, which hopefully she remembered to lock on my way out, but she was pretty distracted by talking to me and laughing, her family was either at the market somewhere in Italy and enjoying themselves with the money I've given them.

I had too much of it, and I had no clue what to do with it. "Boss, c'è un problema." One of my men spoke quickly. (Boss, we have a problem.)

"Che tipo di problema?" (What kind of problem?)

"Qualcuno ha rubato i file di cui hai bisogno e cancellato tutto nell'ultimo mese o due." (Someone stole the files you need and erased everything in the past month or two.) I sigh, great. Just great. Now Dawn will have to stay in my office longer than we both expected. I fist my hands at my sides, glaring at the poor man.

"Trovalo o ti ucciderò. Ho posti dove stare e persone da vedere. Ho affari a cui devo occuparmi che non voglio fare. Sbrigati." I hiss. (Find it or I'll kill you. I have places to be and people to see. I have business deals that I need to attend to that I don't want to do. Hurry it up.) He nods, darting off. I enter Alonzo's office, glaring at him.

"Deal with the men, Alonzo. I have things to do, and they are wasting my time. We lost all the files I need for me to leave, and now the past month or so has been erased from the systems!" I yell, hitting the top of his desk. He looks at me, a bit of fear and respect in his eyes. For once, he was finally realizing my power.

"Yes, sir. I'll have the best of our tech go through everything. Including the hackers. We may have lost the files, but it might still be found in any emails we may have sent or in the code of the computer itself. And anyone who isn't and in today will be searched. I'll send search parties around our building because I know for a fact that these files can only be found here. I'll set everything up, Capo." He nods to me respectfully, I raise my head as a smirk forms on my face.

"Good. Don't mess up, Alonzo." I threaten, letting it linger in the air before I turn and head down to the file room. We may have men on the job, but I was going to check everything I could to make this speed along. I just wanted to get this over with, so I can show Dawn my mansion. Currently, her family and her were staying in one of my other houses, but I wanted this mansion to be between us for a bit. Plus, my men liked to come near the house and knock on the door a lot to come see me.

My phone geos off, alerting me to a meeting with one of the smaller levels of my Mafia. They wanted to see me about some information they picked up on the streets and I granted them permission. It was urgent they said, so maybe it'll bring some light to the current situation.