Chapter Thirteen

Dawn's POV

I sit in class, jotting down the notes for my history test tomorrow. Ever since the other day when Jay and I made plans, it's been radio silence. He hasn't texted or called or anything, I just took it as a sign that he was busy and didn't have time to call me.

I worry my lip, thinking about all the things that could have happened in order for him to not text or call me like usual. Silver set her head on my knee, gently pressing her paw down on my foot to get my attention. I sigh, releasing the tension in my body as I stroke her silky ears.

"Alright class, we have five more minutes! Finish up your notes and get cleaned up." Ms. Oliver informed us. I quickly finish up my notes, tossing everything into my backpack as Silver stood quietly next to me. The bell rang, finally letting us out for lunch. My bodyguards fallowed me all the way to my lunch table where the couple of girls who decided to make friends with me sat too.

Slowly sitting down, the two girls looked up at me with kind smiles. Sophia and Ava. Sophia had black hair, rich brown skin, and honey eyes. Ava had blonde hair, sapphire eyes, and a gorgeous tan. I smile softly at them, glancing at my bodyguards who either have sat beside me or are standing behind me.

"Can you guys go somewhere else today? I want some breathing room!" I exclaim, Leanna smiles.

"Of course, Dawn. We'll head out. I'll make sure the boys don't bother you for a couple of hours." Leanna smiles, ushering all of my bodyguards out of the cafeteria despite their whines. I smile at Ava and Sophia.

"Finally. So, what's new with you two?" I ask, this being the first time I've comfortably talked to them.

"Oh, um, well we went to a party the other day. Some football players had it because one of their parents were out of town." Ava replies, I smile softly at her.

"That's nice. Was it fun?" I ask, leaning forward as I forget about the lunch I wasn't even hungry for. They nod, beginning to chat away about the nights events. But halfway through their story, the cafeteria becomes quiet. Too quiet. It was a sudden change, so naturally I turned to look. Instead of seeing someone being taken away in handcuffs most likely, I see my boyfriend just standing at the doorway as he stares at me.

Jayden smirks, noticing that I finally looked at him. Striding over to me, I quickly get up as I stare at him in shock. "J-Jay?" I gasp in shock, he chuckles and opens his arm wide for me.

"Do I get a hug?" He asks, I run up to him and jump into his arms. He chuckles, holding me up as my legs wrap around his waist. I bury my head into his neck as I hold onto him tightly.

"I missed you." I choke out, he chuckles and sits down at my table as the cafeteria slowly begins to get loud again.

"I missed you too, Love. Are you ready for our getaway? I have everything ready, the car's packed, the tickets are bought, and I even found a place that will let us bring Silver." He smiles when I look up at him excitedly.

"Really? Yes! I just need to talk to my teachers, get all the work I need, and and..." I begin to think about all the things I need to do. I need to talk to my siblings, make sure my bodyguards know bedtimes and rules, and everything needs to be ready for me to go. Jay kisses my forehead.

"Don't worry about any of that, Sunshine. I talked to Kieran, he said he'll talk to your teachers for us. I informed the guys about Emmie and Kieran's bedtimes and rules, as well as I made mockup schedules of how you run the house. I gave them medical cards for your siblings, a credit card for them to use that I can track the purchases of, so we know Kieran isn't having any parties, and I already packed your bags for you. Silver has a crate in the car, so she can be put into the right area on the plane without getting hurt in any way and I packed you a carry-on bag with a couple of your favorite books and a blanket in case you get bored of me." He reassures me, I gawk at him.