Chapter Seventeen

TRIGGER WARNING! 

READ AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!!!

________________________________________________________________________________

Dawn's POV

We made it home on the plane about two weeks after the incident. Jay was fine, and he would be. He got lucky, nothing important was damaged. But he's been acting strangely ever since he woke up.

He avoids me at every chance he could get. But tonight, was the night I surprised him with a night home alone. He was currently out with Alan, checking over my work for the past couple months. I set up the dinner table and living room for us. His favorite movie was in, the table was set for dinner for two, and his favorite dinner had just gotten done.

I pulled out his favorite alcoholic drank, setting it onto the table just as I heard the rushed knock warning me of Jay approaching the door. I squeak, smoothing out my dress that clung to my figure. I race into the living room, smiling at my work of making the living room a perfect paradise of comfort.

The door was opened and my bodyguards smiled at me, winking at me as Jay walked in. His face was stone cold as he walked towards me, I smiled up at him nervously as he surveyed the room. "What's all this?" He asks harshly, much to everyone surprise. I flinch slightly, my smile drooping but I'm quick to reinforce it.

"A date night! I asked Alan to call the bodyguards away, Emmie was sent to John's for the night, And Kieran's at a friend's." I smile up at him, walking towards him as I try to hide my limp. He puts a hand out, stopping me.

"Look, Dawn. I'm sorry for this, but we're done." He growls out, I stare at him blankly as the words don't process.

"W-what?" I ask, as my bodyguards step forward and Alan's jaw drops.

"We're over. We're not together no more." He says slowly as if I was dumb. He scoffs, rolling his eyes. "Stupid bitch." He mutters under his breath, but everyone could hear him.

Tears fill my eyes. "J-Jay..." I whimper, his eyes flash.

"Don't fucking call me that! We're over, Dawn! Keep the fucking house, I don't fucking want it. Just go to school, finish it, and never talk to me again." He spits, I recoil in shock as a tear slips down my face.

"You're joking, right? Cause this is some sick joke, Jayden." I spit, he shakes his head.

"Stop, Dawn. Think about it. How could I ever love... you?" He gestures to all of me in disgust. I look down at myself, noticing the scars and the fat I've acquired over the past few months. He turns to leave as tears begin to drip down my face.

"Why?" I choke out, he stops and clenches his fists.

"Because I've never loved you. You were just some plaything that I had in my spare time." He glances back, smirking. I stumble back, clutching my stomach as tears began to fall. "Like I said, keep the house. The expenses will be paid, but you can sell it after two years are over. Oh, and one more thing darling." The nickname that I once loved was turned sick and dark in one moment.

"Don't call." He smiles sadistically as he walks out the door. I stare after him long after he's gone. Then it hits me.

The one man who made me believe in love and hope again, just left me. I fall to my knees, sobbing. Elliot and Elijah wrap their arms around me as I hear a few of my bodyguards' curse and run out. "Shh." Elliot murmurs against my ear, rubbing my back.

I leaned against him sobbing as the unforgiving winds outside blew across my form. The door is shut as I begin to shiver, holing onto Elliot and Elijah like my life depended on it. Slowly, I cried myself to sleep in their kind arms.

I barely stir when I'm picked up, I feel the sway of someone carrying me up the stairs. "I'm going to kill him." Elijah heatedly says, I whimper and draw myself closer to the warmth holding me. There's a stumble in his steps, but his grip tightens on me as a door is opened. I'm laid down on top of a soft surface, my shoes being slowly taken off my feet.

"I know. But don't. She needs him, and if there's any chance that this is what I think it is, it won't be very helpful in the long run. Think about what has happened every time they are remotely happy." Elliot chimes in as a blanket is draped over me.

I hear footsteps drawing away from me, I sit up quickly with fear. Elliot and Elijah stop, looking at me in shock. "Stay." I croak out, they exchange worried glances but sit down on either side of me.

"Whatever you want, Dawn." Elliot agrees, opening his arms for me. I fall into them, burying my face into him as sadness weighs heavy on me. Elijah lays down next to me, rubbing my back gently.

"How are you feeling?" Elijah asks, I shake my head as tear threaten to fall. They sigh.

"He's an asshole. All gang members are." Elliot chuckles, I let a laugh fall from me. Not exactly one from amusement.

"Yeah. I think I got that." I reply, looking at him with a raised eyebrow.

"Hey, we're assholes too but we would never have let a beauty like you get away." Elijah smiles, I giggle with a small blush.

"See? You still have your smile and laugh. That's the most important thing." Elliot grins, I wipe my tears as I try to smile again but it's wobbly.

"Do you want to watch something on the tv?" Elijah asks, I nod and let them put on some kind of horrible comedy. I don't make it far into the movie before I pass out once again.

I walk through the crowded halls with my bodyguards still following me. My face was emotionless as I walked towards the bathroom. Handing my bag to Leanna wordlessly, I walk into the bathroom and stare at myself in the mirror.

My brown hair was greasy, pulled back into a pony tail as my face was slowly hollowing out. I had stopped eating, and whenever I did, I'd throw it up later. I was fat, I knew that much.

Maybe if I wasn't fat, he'd have stayed.

It was almost Christmas, and it seemed like the entire gang was on my side. Like there was a fight. A choice to pick a side of who was right or wrong. But it was simple.

It wasn't a fight. It was just a breakup. All his promises were broken. But that was apart of life. There was no side to take. They were simple facts. He left. He wanted nothing to do with me.

Sick with my own thoughts, I race to the toilet and throw up my lunch. I flush it down, walking out of the bathroom and grabbing my backpack. I toss a piece of mint gum in my mouth, walking towards the last period of the day.

I sit in his old spot. The spot that was vacant all year from beside me. A seat reserved for him. My bodyguards disperse around the room as I vacantly do the work.

I sigh as my phone is blown up with more texts from my family. No one knew about the breakup. And they have all been asking me why Jay and I didn't make it to Thanksgiving and were wondering if we wanted to come down for Christmas.

I sent one simple text through the group chat. We had other plans, but Emmie and Kieran would like to come down. Just like last time.

Turning my phone off, I gaze out into the distance. I think about how he left me. He was so emotionless about it. He couldn't careless about my wellbeing.

Once we got home, I went straight to my bedroom and jumped into the shower. Coming out of the wonderful shower, tears still falling down my cheeks and mixing with the water pooled at the base of my neck, I step on the scale and drop the towel.

The blaring numbers look up at me. 122.3 pounds.

I fall to the ground in tears. I was still fat. I was scarred and broken. No one could love me. How was I so foolish to believe that he loved me? He was just like everyone else! They always ended up leaving me.