Feelings

A/N: Get ready for a longer chapter :)

Jade's POV

I was on my laptop working on the documentary when I heard a knock on my front door. I made my way over and opened it.

Before I could even see who it was I was tackled in a hug by a small human. I looked up and saw Scarlett standing there with a big smile on her face as she looked at what was happening. I instantly knew who the small human clinging onto my legs was.

"Hi Rosie!" I greeted her and hugged her back. "Hi Jade! I wanted to see you." The little girl said as we broke our hug. I smiled at her. She is such a sweet kid. "I'm glad you did. I missed you too little one." I said as I ruffled her hair to which she squirmed and walked into my house.

I turned to Scarlett and pulled her into a hug. "Hey Scar, missed me already?" I joked. I could just sense that she was rolling her eyes at me. "Ha. ha. Very funny. I need to talk to you and Rose wanted to see you, so here I am." She responded as she pulled away from the hug.

"Okay. Let's go inside. What did you want to talk about?" I asked her. Rose was wandering around the living room, so Scarlett and I made our way to the kitchen to have a private chat. "I broke up with Colin." She said, immediately dropping the bomb.

"Oh wow. What encouraged you to do it today?" I asked. I recommended her to take a few days to feel it out, but this was pretty fast. Not that I'm complaining.

"When I got home today, I found him in our bed with another woman. I kicked them both out and told him we were done and that I never want to see him again." She said as she was shifting uncomfortably on her feet.

"I'm so sorry Scarlett..." I said as I pulled her into a tight hug, rubbing her back in a soothing way. "I guess he just didn't realise how lucky he was to have you. That's his loss." I tell her.

"Thank you, Jade. You always know how to say the right things huh." She chuckled. "How are you feeling now?" I asked her as we pulled away from the hug.

"I am honestly relieved and not sad at all. I guess I was just looking for a way out and he gave me the perfect reason. When I told Rose she was actually happy." She says as she looks at Rose, who is looking at my photographs on the walls. I smile at the sight.

'I guess things worked out for the better then. Do you two want to stay here today? I assume things will feel weird at home. Especially sleeping in the bed your ex cheated on you in." I ask her. She quietly nods.

"Are you sure? I don't want to bother you with an energetic child running around you all day." She joked. I nodded my head. "Of course, I love Rose and actually love how energetic she is. And you could never bother me Scar." I reassure her.

She smiled and we made our back to the living room. I noticed Rose was looking at my laptop, so I grabbed it and sat down on the couch, patting the spot next to me for her to sit. She happily obliged and sat down.

"Do you want to know what I'm working on, Rosie?" I ask the little girl. She beams before nodding. "Well, me and your mommy are working on a documentary together. It is about her and her work. I filmed everything already and now I have to make a nice movie out of all the videos." I try explaining to her in understandable language.

"Is that like a movie?" She asks. I smile at her and nod. "I like to call them documentaries. In normal movies, your mommy would have to read lines and pretend to be someone else but with a documentary, she can just be herself." I explain to her.

"That's cool." She says. "What are you doing right now?" She asks. I chuckle as I had already kind of explained it earlier. "Now I am putting everything we filmed into one piece. You see, when I film everything, it is all short pieces. Now, I need to turn all those short pieces into one big piece, which will be the documentary." She looks like she is trying to solve a complicated math equation.