Interview

Jade's POV

The first day on set went very well. I got to meet everyone who Scarlett works with and they're all very kind. I noticed Lizzie seemed to take a liking to me, which I certainly don't mind.

She's a beautiful woman with piercing green eyes. Unlike Scarlett, Lizzie is single, so I would be able to pursue it if I want to. We'll see how that goes. For now, I have to focus on checking today's footage and sound.

After making sure it all looked good, I made my way to bed to go to sleep.

The next morning I was on set before Scarlett. I walked around for a bit and filmed some filler footage when that I could use in combination with a voice-over. As I was filming, I heard someone yell my name. I looked around and saw Lizzie running towards me.

As she reached me she pulled me in for a hug. "Hi Lizzie" I greeted her with a soft smile. "Hi Jade. You're pretty early today." She responded with an equal smile.

"Yeah, I decided to film some extra shots I can use with voice-overs and stuff" I explained to her while holding my camera up.

"Oh, nice! I'd love to see some of the footage sometime." She said while maintaining strong eye contact. Her eyes were an even brighter green in the morning sun. "Of course! It is a bit weird without the editing though, but a second opinion is always appreciated." I told her.

"Why don't I come over for dinner tonight and we can watch it afterwards?" She proposed. "I can meet tonight. Should we do around 6? I'll prepare everything so you don't need to bring any ingredients." I said.

"Great! Here, let me give you my number so we can keep in touch." She said as she held out her hand waiting for me to give her my phone. I grabbed it from my pocket and gave it to her. She typed her number in and gave it back to me with a smile. "I'll see you tonight Jade." She said with a smile before walking off.

I looked back to my phone and saw that she put her contact as 'Lizzie 🌹'. I smiled and put it back in my pocket. I looked over and saw Scarlett's car pulling in.

I walked over her and gave her a hug. "You ready to get to filming?" I asked her. She nodded and we walked over to her trailer together. "I was thinking of doing an interview section today, if you're up for it." I said to her.

"Sounds good. I don't have a lot of scenes to shoot today so I have time." She replied with a smile. We got in her trailer and set up the camera and microphone. I had a remote microphone this time so the microphone would not be visible on her shirt during the interview. She looked a little confused when I pulled out the so-called 'shotgun microphone'.

"We're not using the body microphone today?" She asked. It sounded as if she was confused, so I explained to her the different choices for microphone I'm using.

"I use the body mic, or 'lavalier' as we call them in situations where you're moving around. That way I do not have to constantly hold a microphone near you and can pick up your voice very well. For the sit-down interviews I use this thing," I said as I held up the shotgun microphone. "For the interview I don't want to have a visible microphone on you, so this is the next best thing." I explained to her.

"But don't worry, I'll give you a lavalier microphone for when you go out onto the set." I winked at her with a smirk. She blushed and I got back to setting up the equipment.

We did our interview where Scarlett talked about when she first started acting and how her big break. She discussed the role Marvel had in the growth of her career and every hardship along the way.

"Being an actress is definitely not all sunshine and rainbows," she begins. "I have been portrayed as a sex symbol for so long, just because of the way I look. It gives people the wrong idea of who I am as a person. My costumes would always be very tight and camera men would often focus on filming my body, rather than my actual acting." She said with a sad look in her eyes. I nodded and waited for her to continue speaking.

I learned that in interviews you should give the interviewee enough time for their answers and not be afraid to remain silent. Often they will continue with their story and provide new insights.

"In interviews they would often ask inappropriate questions about my body, while they would ask my male coworkers about their experience with the acting in general. It feels so degrading to be seen as an object, rather than being known for my acting skills." She continues. I felt so bad for her and I think the expression on my face told her that.

"But I'm not letting that stop me. I want to use my story as an example to inspire change within the industry. I want young girls who want to be an actress to not be held back by misogyny and sexism." She said finishing her story.

I stopped the recording and put away my camera. "How do you feel?" I asked her. "It feels really good to be able to get everything off my chest without someone either interrupting me or invalidating my story." She said with a content sigh.

I got up and hugged her. "You're going to inspire a whole movement with this. You are not the only one experiencing this and I applaud you for having the courage to speak up." I said whilst rubbing her back.

"Thank you, Jade. And I applaud you for acting as a medium for me to share my story through." She says with a smile on her face.

We continued filming for the rest of the day before I headed home and preparing dinner for when Lizzie comes over.