Dinner

Jade's POV

I was cooking dinner when my doorbell rang. I walked to the door and opened it to see a smiling Lizzie standing there. She looked beautiful in her casual outfit. She was only wearing blue jeans and a black T-shirt but she sure made it look good.

"Hey Lizzie." I greeted her as we gave each other a hug. "Hi Jade. I can already smell your cooking" she chuckled as she pulled away. "Yes, I'm making pasta with chicken and homemade pesto. I hope that's alright." I told her.

She looked like a kid in a candy store when she saw what I was making. "It sounds and smells delicious! Do you like cooking?" She asked excitedly. I nodded "Yes, I love cooking, it helps me relax and I enjoy good food." I smiled at her.

"It'll be done in a few minutes. Would you mind grabbing a few plates from the top cupboard?" I asked as I pointed to the cabinet that held the plates. She nodded and went towards it.

We made some small talk as I finished dinner. She told me about her family and how she started her acting career. "I have to admit, when I saw you in Wind River I knew that you were a great actress." I told her. She blushed slightly.

"Usually all people talk about is my role as Wanda in the Avengers movies. It's nice to be acknowledged for my other movies." She admitted. I felt bad for her. Working for a blockbuster franchise will put a big label on your career.

"I love Marvel, don't get me wrong. But to be honest it does put you in a box when it comes to acting. Just look at Scarlett as another example. All people see her as is the Black Widow, when she can do so much more." I explained. "The same goes for you. I hope more people will see that."

This made her smile. "Thanks Jade. You really have a way of comforting people." A light blush crept onto her face as she continued eating her food. I looked at her for a little longer before eating my food as well.

We soon finished our meal and sat on the couch with my laptop. "I uploaded today's footage on here when I got home, so we have a lot to watch." I told her. "I have all night" she said with a smirk on her face. Was she insinuating what I think she was?

"Great, because it's five hours of footage" I joked with a wink. I opened the folder that held all the footage and connected the laptop to the TV, so we wouldn't have to watch the smaller screen for so long.

The footage of the sets started playing. I was over-analysing all the shots as usual. It had become a force of habit to fixate on composition, sound and the storyline. I looked to my right where Lizzie was very focused on the screen.

I took a moment to take her in. She was honestly beautiful, with her sharp jawline and striking cheekbones. "I can feel you staring" she said as she turned her head towards me. "I'm just innocently admiring." I rebutted, making her look back at the TV with a slight blush on her face.

We continued to watch the footage for the next two hours and discussing everything about it. She was very invested in my project, which I appreciated a lot.

I noticed that her eyes were becoming heavy and she was struggling to stay awake. "You want to stay here tonight?" I asked her. She looked at me with tired eyes and nodded. "Alright, let's get you ready for bed" I said as I stood up from the couch and held my hand out to her in order to help her up from her position.

I walked her over to my guest room where I laid out a comfortable outfit for her to wear to sleep. She got ready in the bathroom and laid down. She was already dozing off when I gave her a goodnight kiss on her forehead. "Goodnight Lizzie" I said to her. She mumbled something inaudible in response, which made me chuckle.

I made my way to my room and got ready for bed too. I laid down and thought about the day. It was simple, yet fun. Lizzie was great and I can't wait to get closer to her.