Meeting the family

Jade's POV

I knocked on Scarlett's trailer door, but didn't get an answer. As a result, I just wandered around set and talked to some of her coworkers. My favourites were by far Evans, Hemsworth and Robert (aside from Lizzie of course).

I talked with them for a while before I spotted Scarlett. I waved to her and made my way over. Her usual smile was not as evident, which I found odd. I gave her a hug and looked her in the eyes. She looked a little sad for some reason. I decided not to pry.

"What do you want to film today?" I asked her. "I'm not sure. Maybe we can film some stuff at home? Like my home life." She suggested.

"Okay. What time do you want to head over there?" She looked at her watch to see what time it was now. "Should we leave in an hour? I have some things to finish up here before we can leave." I nodded and she went on with her work.

I decided I'd see if Lizzie was available and walked over to her trailer. She opened the door with a big smile on her face. "Miss me already?" She joked. I rolled my eyes in response. "I have an hour before me and Scarlett head over to her house, so do you want to entertain me?" I asked.

"Of course. What type of entertainment were you thinking about?" She asked whilst wiggling her eyebrows suggestively. I chuckled. "Not that kind of entertainment Lizzie. Not yet at least." I winked at her.

We settled on talking for a while before I heard a knock on Lizzie's trailer door. She opened the door and Scarlett was standing there. Apparently, Lizzie and I were already talking for an hour. Scarlett looked between me and Lizzie. "Time to go, Jade." She told me.

I stood up and gave Lizzie a goodbye hug that lingered a little longer. I said goodbye and walked with Scarlett towards her car.

"So, you and Lizzie huh?" She said in a teasing manner. I rolled my eyes. "We're just friends Scarlett, but who knows." I responded with a smirk. Her smile seemed to fade at my answer. I decided to change the topic before it got awkward.

"Do I get to meet Rose and Colin today?" I asked her as we both got in her car. "You sure do. I gave them a heads up that you were coming and Rose was very excited." She said. "Only Rose?" I joked. she just gave a half-hearted chuckle in response before driving off to her house.

As we got there and Scarlett opened the door, a small girl came running at us. She hugged Scarlett around her legs in greeting before turning to me. "Are you the lady that is going to film mommy?"

I crouched down so I was at her level, not wanting to come across as dominant. "I sure am. My name is Jade." I said as I held out my hand, which she eagerly shook. "My name is Rose" she said in a happy voice. I instantly knew we would hit it off.

"Come on Rosie, let's go inside." Scarlett says as she picked up her daughter. I picked up my camera and filmed the interaction as they walked inside. When we entered the living room we were greeted by a friendly looking man who I assumed was Colin.

I filmed how Scarlett put down Rose to give Colin a hug and a kiss as a greeting. They honestly looked cute together. "How was it on set?" Colin asked her. "Good, we shot two more scenes which went pretty well. Evans face planted which was a thing I will always remember." She laughed. I couldn't help but smile at their interaction.

I put down my camera and walked over to the two. "Hi Colin, it's nice to meet you. I'm Jade." I told him as we shook hands. "Nice to meet you, Jade. I've heard great things about you." He said with a seemingly forced smile.

I did a short interview with Scarlett about her life at her home and her work/life balance. I played with Rose a bit before I had to go home to make dinner. I did not want to intrude by joining them for dinner. They did offer, but I kindly refused.

Me and Scarlett walked over to her front door where we said our goodbyes. "You have a wonderful family Scarlett." I told her, to which she smiled. "Thank you, Jade. You were great with Rose and Colin seems to like you." She told me.

I smiled at her statement. "Rose is a great kid and Colin seems like a nice guy. I hope he treats you well." I smiled at her. She did not seem to react to that, which I found a little odd. "Yeah, he does." She said in an unconvincing tone.

"He better. Otherwise, you can always call me." I told her with a wink. She blushed and I took that as my cue to leave. I waved at her before walking back home. Luckily I don't live too far away from her so I got home pretty quickly.

The rest of the night I kept wondering why she didn't seem convinced that Colin was treating her well. Knowing I am the type of person to overthink this kind of stuff, I decided it was probably nothing.