53

"Mom" I gasp, getting out of his hold.

I see one of the security guards with her.

My mother rushes towards me and helps Felix.

I look at her surprised.

Wow.

" Are you alright?" She asks him to check if he injured himself.

" Yes mom I'm fine," I say shaking my head walking out to my apartment and in a couple of minutes, my mother was there with Felix.

I was sitting on the couch, while she asked Felix to sit beside me and goes to the kitchen.

Meanwhile, I and Felix look at each other and shrug at each other not knowing what is happening.

After a couple of minutes, she walked out of the kitchen with a tray of two bowls.

She places it on the table in front of us grabs a stool sitting in front of us after serving us the soup she made, we began to drink.

I close my eyes enjoying the soup as the flavour enters my taste buds.

"Mhmm" Felix moans as he slurps a spoonful of soup.

He's liking it, I can tell.

" So Loren who's this handsome young man who's going to give me grandchildren," my mom says and I almost choke onto my soup while I hear him cough.

My mom pats his head so that he could feel better.

I glare at my mother " Mom he's Felix, he's my neighbour nothing else now stop making him uncomfortable" I say while she sighs.

I look towards Felix I could not quite read his expression.

I finish drinking my soup and go to the kitchen to place our bowls.

While I was back I hear my mom and Felix gossip while I clear my throat to announce my presence.

" I forgot why I was here," my mother says standing up walking to get her bag.

" Here," she says handing me a box I open as it reveals a beautiful butterfly bracelet.

" Mom thank you but you did not have to, " I say cooing at her.

" I saw it and wanted to get it to you " she explains.

" Now if you kids excuse me I'll stop cock blocking you both and leave," she said standing up about to leave.

My mom, there's no one like my mom.

I keep a hand on my head shaking my head while Felix looks at her astonished.

Yeah Felix that's my mother for you.

As my mother leaves, Felix looks at me " Your mother? Is she always like this or is she like this always?" He asks me.

Did he just ask the same thing twice?

I scrunch my eyebrows while he says " She's super cool I love her"

I chuckled shaking my head.

Now that I think about it, he knows my little brother and now my mother.

And I know so little of him.

" Felix you never told me about your family" I speak without realising.

It was too late to take my words back.

I should have known better than to ask him something personal.

It's not my place to ask him right?

He stands up " I thought we were just messing around," he says before he walks out.

I'm speechless.

What was that?

______________

Click the star below and make me happy