The Shark and the Goldfish: Chapter 1

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

YES I KNOW.... I deleted My Life is a Rollercoaster.... I didn't really like my life as a book LOL. So I'm sorry! AND I AM SORRY FOR NOT UPLOADING IN AWHILE! I had a bad case of writer's block and I have been really busy!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 1:

"Maddie!" My best friend, Danielle Michaels said, running up to me. She had an excited look on her face. What could be so exciting at the beginning of school? "What?" I said, not really interested. I was so not a morning person. Danielle Michaels was the complete opposite of me. I was an outcast while she always got attention from boys. She had connections with the popular crowd, while I didn't exist to them. But overall, she has been my best friend since the first day of Nursery. Danielle pointed to a bright, blue car convertible. It looked impressive but it also looked like whoever drove it, just LOVED to flaunt their stuff. They would be getting the attention from the popular kids in no time. In fact, a crowd was already forming around the car, but I didn't see who was in it. "There's a new kid! I heard he is really hot!" I rolled my eyes at the car. I heard girls giggling and boys complimenting the car. It was so annoying. Danielle grabbed my arm and pulled me to the car. "Come on! Let's see who it is!" I pulled my arm away. "No, I bet they are some really spoiled, rich kid who likes to show off. I am not giving them any attention." Danielle sighed and ran off to join the crowd around the car. I went off to my homeroom.

At homeroom, I heard many whispers about the new kid. Apparently, his name is Damien, he's seventeen, and his parents are really rich. I also heard many whispers about him being really hot. I scoffed at them and waited for the teacher to begin taking attendance. Just then, I saw a guy walk in through the door. He had dark brown hair, green eyes, and he dressed to impress. All the girls giggled and whispered louder as he walked in. He must have been Damien. I assumed he was not shy but the way he smirked at the girls giggling and how he winked at the girl beside me. I won't lie. He was absolutely GORGEOUS but he looked like a flirty player. I didn't like boys like that. Damien took the seat beside me. "Hello, I'm the new kid. I'm Damien Parker," he said, smiling at me. I rolled my eyes in disgust. "I'm Madison Dennings." Damien kept on smiling at me. "Pretty name for a pretty lady. Can I get your number?" He said, winking. I smiled at him, innocently. "I'm sorry, I don't give my numbers to perverts." Damien smirked at me. Gosh... That smirk was gorgeous. WAIT. I'm not supposed to fall into his flirty ways! "Well, e-mail, then?" I groaned. "Listen, new kid, I'm not interested. So, please! Leave me alone!" I was aware of all the jealous glares I was getting from the girls. Damien held his hands up, surrendering, but kept his flirty smile plastered onto his face. "Okay! Okay! But whenever you want to get together.... Here's my number." Before I could do anything, he took out a black permanant marker and quickly wrote his number on my hand. I was pissed off. How am I supposed to wash this off?! He walked off, sitting at another girl's desk, presumably doing the same thing to her. I groaned in anger and gave him the finger a million times in my head. Who the hell does he think he is?