"We gotta find dad first." Sam mumbles.

"Dad disappearing and this thing showing up again after 20 years, it's no coincidence." Dean says. "Dad will have the answers. He'll know what to do."

"It's weird, man. These coordinates he left us. This Blackwater Ridge."

"What about it?"

"There's nothing there. It's just woods. Why is he sending us to the middle of nowhere?"

+++

They got to a Ranger Station and are inside, looking around. Sam is holding Evie who holds her dog, resting her head against Sam's.

"So Blackwater Ridge is pretty remote." Sam says, looking at a 3D map of the national forest. "It's cut off by these canyons here, rough terrain, dense forest, abandoned silver and gold mines all over the place."

"Dude, check out the size of this freaking bear." Dean says, holding up a picture of a man standing behind a giant bear. Sam walks over to look at it and Evie whines, leaning into her father at the sight of the bear. Sam lowers the picture, putting his free hand on Evie's back to comfort her.

"And a dozen more grizzlies in the area. It's no nature hike, that's for sure." Sam says.

"You boys aren't planning on going out near Blackwater Ridge by any chance?" They hear and slightly jump, Sam holding Evie closer, both brothers turning to see a ranger.

"Oh, no, sir, we're environmental study majors from UC Boulder, just working on a paper." Sam lies.

"Recycle, man." Dean says, holding up a fist.

"Bull." The ranger calls. "You're friends with that Haley girl, right?"

"Yes." Dean decides to go with it. "Yes, we are, ranger--" He looks at the name tag on the man's coat. "Wilkinson."

"Well I will tell you exactly what we told her. Her brother filled out a backcountry permit saying he wouldn't be back from Blackwater until the 24th, so it's not exactly a missing persons now, is it?" Dean shakes his head. "You tell that girl to quit worrying. I'm sure her brother's just fine."

"We will. Well that Haley girl's quite a pistol, huh?" Dean asks.

"That is putting it mildly."

"Actually you know what would help is if I could show her a copy of that backcountry permit. You know, so she could see her brother's return date."

~ ~ ~

After getting a copy, they leave the station, walking out to the car and Dean is laughing.

"What, are you cruising for a hookup or something?" Sam asks.

"What do you mean?" Dean asks.

"The coordinates point to Blackwater Ridge, so what are we waiting for? Let's just go find dad. I mean, why even talk to this girl?" Sam asks.

"I don't know, maybe we should know what we're walking into before we actually walk into it?" Dean suggests as Sam buckles Evie into her car seat. He doesn't say anything as Sam finishes and shuts the backdoor before standing up and seeing his brother's look.