Chapter 16-The Past

Destiny's POV

"Thanks for the ride...."was probably the second or third thing I said to Fabian since the morning came.

I didn't feel guilty last night but here I was feeling guilty about it now. He gave me a ride to work and I was here.

"Yes...you're welcome..."he fumbled over his words too.

I got out slamming the car door.

"Oh, sorry....my bad..."I apologized looking at his shirt rather than him.

"...its fine..."the awkwardness stung us like a venomous snake.

I gently tapped the glass and Amera turned the key and I entered. Fabian then drove off.

"Comes on your clothes!"Alexia exclaimed pointing at my chest.

I panicked feeling my chest.

"Shit!"I panicked and she laughed.

"I'm screwing around..."she told me and I calmed down a bit.

"That reaction though, screwed somebody this morning or last night?"she investigated.

How could she just go back to normal after breaking down over Febe yesterday? I have no idea.

I shook my head at her heading to my cashier post. Amera gave me some cash and told me to give her the bigger money.

I took the change she offered giving her back the exact amount in exchange.

***

It was my lunch time so I left everything to Amera until I got back.
I saw a placenamed burger belly so I headed there since I always saw it and wanted to check it out.

I entered and the scent almost made me fload. Whatever they had smelt damn good. I wasn't rich so I'd settle with a small ham cheese pepperoni burger as it said on the menu.

I'd buy something to drink elsewhere.
I was finally at the front of the line.

"A ham pepperoni cheese burger please, small one...."I told the man and he cashed.

"That'll be ten dollars..."he told me.

I opened my purse and was shocked only to see eight dollars. I closed it.

"Can I have a discount?"I said the first thing that came to my mind.

"Discount are for regulars...."he told me and I began thinking.

If I only came here with a friend I could have borrowed the two dollars.

"Oh Jesus christ....would you hurry up.."the woman behind me got irritated.

"Miss...are you buying?"the cashier was now annoyed too.

"Are you!?"he insist without giving me a chance.

"I..."I was rudely interrupted.

"I'm hungry....if you can't afford it step aside and stare at the menu until the sight fills your stomach!"another lady dared.

I stormed over to her and a lady passed by me with toiled paper and I yanked piece off.

I shoved it as deep as it could go down her throat and she coughed choking. Some people laughed, some whined about how it should have been them and what they'd do and some gasped.

Securities pulled me out but I managed to send a middle finger to the people who dared to challenge me.

I was thrown outside aggressivly.