Chapter 2-It's Misses Gold Lining

Destiny's POV

I woke up in the frame of mind, just like every other time I lost my job,that I needed to go find another.

I entered my bathroom sliding my underwear and bra off. As I got into my bath it cried out for mercy.

Thank god I had no close neighbors.

I stared down at the green stains on my cream color bath rather than white.

I grabbed onto a string pulling it in a circular manner then the water hit my body. It was cold as ice but I wasn't fortunate to have water heater especially in a run-down place like this where I lived.

I soaped my face up then my body. I rinsed myself carefully trying not to get my hair wet as I didn't have a dryer.

I repeated the process of soaping my face and body once more then again,I carefully rinsed myself.

I got out of the bath drying myself with one of my two towels.I made my way to the kitchen area which was a mess.

Pip, pop, pip,pop,pip...

There goes my leaking faucet.

I opened the cupboard that was evidently old.

A cup noodle and a instant porridge stared at me. I almost threw up,not these again. I slammed in shut in frustration heading to my room.

I threw all my clothes to my bed with faded sheets trying to find something appropriate to wear.

I held up a black dress with sleeves to my body staring in the frameless mirror leaning on my wall.

This was nice but it was too short. I moved on scanning my clothes before I picked up a purple dress that was just about appropriate but with short sleeves.

I threw my towel aside actually putting it on this time. It looked tight but that wasn't my fault,I was very hippy.

This was indeed perfect. I stared at myself in the mirror. This was the dress.

I turned to look at how great my ass looked in the dress. I was taken off guard when I stared in the mirror.

I wasn't shocked because my ass was big but because I stared at my literal ass, most of that part of the dress gone.

How did this happen?

I seemed to loose the little confidence I had left. I got out of the dress in anger staring at it in my hand.

The hole was so huge, this was the work of a rat.

I opened my last drawer,which was the only draw I hadn't opened since I unpacked my clothes to the bed.

I found the culprit chewing on my yellow shorts. When it saw me it tried to run but I was swift enough to grab a shoe barely getting to smack it as it cried fleeing to some other part of my home.

I was so furious I threw the shoes aside sitting on my bed steam coming from my body. I was so angry.

I allowed myself to calm down a little then I finally found a pink dress with only one small hole in it that seemed to be caused by natural causes.

I wore it and secured my 'house' as best as possible before I left. I began walking with my partly wet hair down in a natural style.

When I reached inside the town I considered where to start in my head.

I already got fired from J.O's Bakery this year so I wasn't planning to even look to go back there.

I definitely knew those strip clubs were out of the question. Next to consider, the Parkinson's chicken Farm. Nope,I mean probably I could work in their kitchen area but no, Misses Parkinson talked way too much for her own good.