Chapter 6-Good Riddance

🎶Halsey- Ghost👆🏻🎶

Destiny's POV

It was the very next day. I was on my way walking to work. I pulled out my phone, opened it glancing at my messages.

I read most of them without answer because they weren't important. The ones that were I replied to.

While replying to my important messages I glanced up to look where I was going.

My friend Mardeen was telling me he found a job for me on the other side of the city.

He said they weren't ready for anyone to interview yet until the next tree weeks.

I bumped into something. Brown soft hair brushed my shoulder in the process and the person grabbed me to steady me.

"Didn't I tell you to leave me alone!"I hissed looking up.

Oh my God!It wasn't even her and the middle aged woman stared down at me in confusion.

"I'm so sorry!I thought you were someone else!"I genuinely apologized.

"It's fine sweetheart..."she simply smiled at me walking on.

I stopped to the side finishing my message then sent it. I placed my phone back to my bag.

While doing this I realized my watch was twisted so I straightened it.

I walked on and not long after I was at the coffee shop.I pushed the door and it was closed.

Amera noticed me after someone showed her and she turned the key. I pushed being successful this time.

"Good morning...."I told her and she nodded continuing to mop the floor.

"Morning"Alexia said and I paused looking at her.

"Morning?"it was more like a question.

Why was she being so nice?

"Why are you being nice to me?"I queried.

"I'm not being nice, I'm just used to you by now..."she rolled her eyes flashing the cloth in her hand.

"Ask any one here, I'm always mean to new comers"she spoke rolling her eyes again.

"Got that right a girl said from behind the counter.

She slightly bent her back apparently looking for something.

"OK..."was all I said as I got to my cashier space.

I began placing the change I got from Amera that according to her Oveilia said to give me.

Oveilia was the rude cashier that gave me this job. I found out her name since they always call each other by name.

I also found out she owned  this coffee shop.

I placed all the change to the cash register. The change was there so we'd always have change to give our customers.

As soon as I was done with that I just took a seat watching everyone.

Amera was done mopping so she was squeezing the mop dry on the part of the buckey made for squeezing.

She pushed the bucket to the back of the shop which was staff only.

Alexia talked to one of the other girls in the shop. Whatever conversation they were having must be funny as they kept giggling.

I ignored them.

The door bell dinged and I looked up to see the boss walking in.

"Hey girls, and boy"she smiled at the guy who works in the kitchen who made all the pastries.