11. luna | additional pov

𝖖𝖚𝖊𝖊𝖓 𝖑𝖚𝖓𝖆 • the grand palace━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

𝖖𝖚𝖊𝖊𝖓 𝖑𝖚𝖓𝖆 • the grand palace
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Luna hadn't seen the palace in almost exactly eighteen years. She had seen Ace, of course, for moments at a time or even long hours occasionally, every few months or so (usually annually), but she had not seen the place that was built to be their home and their family's in all that time.

And her daughter... Aurora was so big, so grown up and mature. Her heart had practically burst upon entering the room. Eighteen years was already a long time and it pained her her daughter grew up without her, but now she was there and she would never take time for granted again.

It still felt like it was a few minutes later, as Ace held her hand tightly in his as though she might disappear and led her down the hallways that felt like a familiar phantom. The place was still home, yet somehow foreign to her, even though almost nothing had changed except for a new painting in the sleeping quarters.

"Where are you taking me?" she asked, her voice shaking from all the sobbing she had been doing. Earlier that day as she had been preparing with Elara to go to the palace, she had almost killed herself from how much she had cried silently to herself, desperate to be reunited with her family.

Ace's grip only tightened around her hand. "Our chambers, of course," he said, tugging her closer to him. She snuggled against his side, their height difference meaning she could rest her head on his shoulder. "It has been alone for far too long." She couldn't agree more. "Have you brought all of your things? I want to get you settled in as quickly as possible. I am not spending another second away from you ever again."

"Good, because neither am I," she said, clasping his hand tighter.

Not that they ever did when they could. Being each other's best friends meant spending a lot of time with each other in general, but they had already been married by then-something else which required a lot of spending time together. At first, she had tried to fight it, but her guard soon melted around him, instead embracing the warm and gentle fire Ace had offered her home with.

They reached their chambers and almost immediately, Ace pushed the doors open, hurrying Luna inside before closing and locking the doors behind her.

There was barely a moment between that and him pulling her into him, giving her the tightest and warmest hug he could manage. Luna didn't waste any time in hugging back, her eyes already filling with tears as she buried her face in his tunic, begging herself not to cry. But it wasn't something she could control, and soon, the tears came spilling down not just her own cheeks but his.

They could have stood there for hours and she wouldn't have minded, and for a moment she almost thought they had as they embraced in pin-drop silence, a mix of sniffles and quiet whimpers.

1. Rose Quartzजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें