031; and how have you been

END GAME
༉ 📓 ₊ ˚ 🗯 ⋆ ˳ 🔗 ͛ ๑ —
chapter thirty-one

third person.

"mom, why's corbyn allowed his girlfriend to stay over all the time? she basically lives here," jordan complained, leaning against the kitchen counter and watch his mother as she washed up the dishes. "yet my girlfriend isn't allowed to come for one night? it's unfair."

"they're eighteen. when you're eighteen, she can stay over," saskia responded, not even looking at her son.

"but they were like sixteen when she started staying over?!"

"jordan," she turned the tap off, putting what she had in her hands down in the sink and turned around. "you want to know what i learnt from that, that it was a mistake. okay? have your girlfriend over tonight and then don't ask till you're eighteen."

corbyn awkwardly entered the kitchen while isabella had waited over by the door after them both hearing the end of the two's little argument.

"some advice little bro.. mind your own business," he patted the boys shoulder, looking over at his mother as he done so, "we're heading out now to go see bella's mom. we'll be back later."

"okay, i'll see you later," she smiled at her oldest son.

"oh also dickhead, help mom wash the dishes," he pushed his brother forward towards the sink. "otherwise you're not gonna get anything you want."

and with that corbyn left the two to hopefully not continue arguing about him having isabella over all the time, and headed out the house, to his car with the girl.

isabella put her seat belt on and let out a sigh as she slouched back in the passenger seat. corbyn looked at her for a second before starting the car, deciding it was best to let her have a moment to herself.

turning the music up slightly so it wasn't extremely quiet, he started the short drive to the cafe they had planned to meet jenny at.

"would you like to go to the store first or..?" he glanced over at her once they had stopped at a red light.

"either," she mumbled and shrugged. 

"okay, we'll go now only cause we have time and there's one just down the street," he explained, also knowing she may not be in the mood after having lunch with her mother.

pulling up in the car park and getting out of the car. corbyn wrapped one of his arm around her lower back as they walked into the store, talking with each other.

"could we get some food as well?" she spoke up as they entered. "for at you place, later or tomorrow or something."

"yeah okay," he replied, directing her in the direction of the snack aisle. "but keep them in my room so jordan and ash don't eat it."

after wondering around the store a little longer the two made it to the check out with snack, a card and a few other things. paying for it all then heading back out to his car.

"you know, as much as you don't want to, you mom will be happy you're seeing her," he reminded her as she slightly nodded. "and if anything goes wrong, we'll just say we have to leave."

"mh"

"your mom doesn't hate you, she's pretty nice actually, it's gonna be okay bella," he kept reassuring her, wanting both her and her mother to be happy and not have things end up in a fight.

"yeah, yeah.."

they pulled up at the cafe, getting out isabella fixed her dress out slightly and headed right inside without even waiting for the boy — although he did catch up to her seconds later.