019; definitely more to the story

END GAME
༉ 📓  ₊ ˚ 🗯 ⋆ ˳ 🔗 ͛ ๑ —
chapter nineteen

third person.

a sigh had came out of ezra's mouth as she looked around her friends seated between the two cafeteria tables. to say the least, the last week without corbyn and isabella had been quiet, and well kind of boring — although all six of them were afraid to admit that out loud.

"you know.. sometimes i'm actually scared of that girl," zach spoke up, isabella being the girl referred to. after receiving some confused stares he added; "what? she acts like she going to kill me half the time."

"she for sure has slight anger issues. but like that's why corbyn's good cause he sort of.. like-"ezra pushed her own hand down in a lowering motion as she tried to think of the wording. "like settles her... most the time."

"yeah most the time," jonah repeated with a small laugh.

"why though?" jack asked. "like there's gotta be a reason why she threatens everyone over small things."

"she doesn't talk much about her home life," kaycee responded. "i don't know about you ezra, but all i know about all that is that her parents are divorced and he lives in england.. and that's about it."

"yea same," ezra agreed. "like we literally haven't been over her house and we've know each other since like what elementary school."

"but corbyn has?" daniel slightly furrowed, looking at the girl beside him.

"he for sure knows more," she slowly nodded. "cause how else is she staying at his place after his mom said all can't go over one afternoon."

"she was at his?"

"mhm," she nodded in response to zach. "called her this morning cause mr. frazier was looking for them and she said she was there."

"knowing them she probably came over after his mom left," jack mentioned.

"nah cause she said they just woke up and we're still in bed although.. then again who knows with them two," she shrugged. "but she's there all the time so there's definitely more to the story.."

"it's strange that you girls haven't been to her house," jonah said as the two girls nodded, agreeing with him.

"i think she has a stepdad," kaycee randomly added as that memory came to her head. "she doesn't talk much about him though.."

"yeah she does," ezra confirmed. "i don't think she likes him at all."

"she talks a lot about her life but not much about her life, you know," daniel spoke up.

and he was right, isabella would happily and openly speak about her and corbyn's relationship or things that happen between them. but when it came to things that happen with her mother and stepdad, she wasn't so open.

the only person who knew about her home life and the whole situation with her family was corbyn. she was okay with him knowing but just wasn't ready to tell the two girls, even though they are her closest friends.

"mh yeah," ezra agreed with daniel, looking down at her phone, reading over the message she just received and replying. "i'll be back losers," she got up off the table.

"hey let me be your secret boyfriend that you're always running off to," jack said cause her to stop and narrow her eyes at him.

"i'm going to the bathroom dipshit," she rolled her eyes. "and stop hitting on me. i'm not interested in you."

kaycee watched her friend as she walked off before looking back the boy. "jack you're so weird," she said as he slightly furrowed at her.

"what she's hot."

"just stop now bro," jonah let out a laugh. "she's made it clear multiple times that she's not into you."

"alright.." he jokingly let out a sigh.

"what do you think they're up to right now? like bella and corbyn" zach spoke up out of the blue. "i don't understand this whole at school suspension."

"they're for sure making out on the tables," jack responded. "like sir gave them a whole fucking room to themselves and expects them not to touch each other."

meanwhile in the room, they were doing the complete opposite. sitting at their correct desks, in their seats as corbyn ate his lunch. while for isabella she was just staring at her acrylics and listening to music through her headphones.

"i need to get my nails done," she told the boy.

"and what, do you want money for that?" he looked over towards her.

"what?" she pulled one of her phones out so she could hear him properly. "what did you say?"

"do you want money for that?" he repeated. "i can give you some and you can take ashley with you."

"awh what a nice big brother you are," she said sarcastically as she put her headphone back in. "but yes, i will take your money."

"why don't you get a job," he looked over towards her as he swallowed the last bit of his food. "bel- you can't hear me.." he sighed, leaning back in his chair.

the two sat in the room pretty much in silence, the most sound being from isabella's acrylics taping against her phone screen. and it only took a few seconds of boredom for him also to pull out his phone and go on it.

"hey corbyn," she turned her music down as she looked over to him. "i told my mom i'll be at yours tonight."

"yeah okay"

"your mom said it was fine if i was there," she mentioned as he nodded, followed by the room falling silent for a few seconds. "did you tell her?"

"no," he shook his head. "i just said you need somewhere safe. that's all, nothing else. no detail."

"okay.."

AUTHORS NOTE!

3 of 4 books updated so far today let's see if i can do 4/4