Chapter 36.

TOBI

Even though she acts all tough on the exterior, for the first time since we have known each other, I got to see a vulnerable side to her. Farida was soft. So soft. Her life challenges moulded her into being the woman she now is.

As I said those hurtful words to her, my heart crushed seeing her cry. I never want to see her shed tears. I guess I just wanted to get even. Call me selfish, but I am glad that she is pregnant with my child.

After I left her in the sitting room, I began to do some thinking. Was I simply overreacting? I know my anger is justified but why not forgive her now that she even flew to apologize? It's why I then decided to make a call to Jared.

"Tell the pilot to delay the flight for a while. I'm on my way to the Tarmac." I instruct Jared who gives an affirmative response before ending the call.

After packing a little, I start my journey to the airport. On arrival, Jared walks up to me smiling.

"You made the right decision, boss." He says.

"Thank you, Jared."

"She's waited for long. Go meet your woman." She pats my back and makes a hand signal for one of the staff to come tend to my box.

"Safe flight." He calls out behind me.

"Sorry for the wait, ma'am. We will be flying now." This pilot will be rewarded with a raise. He did well. I watch as she takes a gulp of water from the bottle in her hand, not concentrating on her environment.

"How do you fly without the owner of the jet?" She gasps in shock. I maintain eye contacts with her as I stroll to where she is sat.

"Hello, baby girl." A smile graces my lips and at the very moment, she bursts into tears.

"Cry cry baby." I tease her.

"It's because of you." She responds.

"Shh... I know, baby. I know." Gently tapping on her back, I pet the beautiful woman in my arms.

"I love you, Tobi." She cries out.

"I love you too, baby girl."

"And our little baby too." My hand rubs on her stomach as I speak. She hides her stomach perfectly. We take-off and begin our journey, none of us saying anything, just appreciating each others presence.

"I thought I'd never see this side of you again. I'm so sorry, Tobi. I felt I was not good enough. I was also overwhelmed." She sniffs, finally breaking the silence.

"I'll call you cry baby girl henceforth." I tell her jokingly.

"Don't you even dare, Tobi." She shoots me a long hard glare.

"That one is in your pocket." I inform her and she just rolls her eyes, slapping my hand.

"You are good enough for me, baby. You are all I want in a woman. I want you to know that you should never see yourself as not enough for me. I want you. All of you." She sniffs again, dabbing her eyes with her hands.

"And you certainly should not have a reason to shed tears. Except happy tears." I add.

"Thank you, Tobi." I rock her in my arms, gently rubbing on her hair.

"Shh... stop crying. Finally, you are a mother to an actual human, not that your winchi winchi cat." I say to her, scrunching my nose. She immediately sits up. I know it will lift her mood.

"I pick serious offense. My Storm that you're calling winchi winchi?" She asks dramatically, hitting her hand across her chest.

"Before nko? Which other winchi winchi do you own?" I ask her. Farida snickers and just shakes her head, letting out suppressed stifles.