Chapter 2.

TOBI

Some of them think I am a rookie. I laugh, because prior to coming here, I worked at an Oil and Gas firm. The way my mom praised this Miss. Lawal lady was not what I expected. She came off clumsy at first but at the end, turns out she's full of sass.

I'll give it to her that she is drop dead gorgeous and from observation, she acts like the men here practically worshipped the ground on which she walked. Mom said she is an asset, a very big one and that I will learn a lot from her. Her over confident aura is what I did not like, coupled with the fact that she was extremely late to work today. She looks young, like in her mid-twenties. She doesn't act as such, though.

The mail notification flashes across my laptop screen and I click on it. It's from her. Well, that was fast. I take a glance at the documents, making a mental note to properly study them later.

I press the intercom to call the attention of Ugomma, my P.A.

"Yes, Sir."

"Order Lunch for me. I want Jollof Rice and Chicken from a proper Restaurant." I say to her.

"Yes, Sir." She meekly answers before leaving.

Time to take a look around.

First stop is my mom's office. She seems startled to see me. The crease on her forehead tells that something is wrong but she immediately masks it with a smile.

"Hey." She speaks.

"Hello, mum. Just looking around on my own." I shrug, leaning on the door.

"Alright."

"I met with Miss. Lawal." I notice her eyes squint, trying to put a face to the name.

"Who is that?" She asks. I am taken aback.

"Miss. Farida Lawal." Realization hits her as her mouth forms an O shape.

"Farida. Sorry, most of us are used to calling her by her first name." She laughs while explaining. Oh, now I understand the strange look on her face. I find that very unprofessional, though. She should be addressed properly. However, I couldn't say that to my mum. It would be grossly inappropriate and disrespectful.

"The meeting went well, I presume." The high esteem in which she holds that lady, though.

"You just over hype her, to be honest." I am not impressed by her, one bit.

"I don't. You'll see for yourself soon." She smirks and turns her gaze away from mine.

I hum and push my body off her door frame on which I initially rested. I look heavenward and let out a sigh before walking out of her office and my feet takes me to HER office.

She is not in.

"She stepped out, Sir." Someone says, as if sensing my unasked question. I just nod and turn to leave as she returns to her office, another staff in tow. A man. I could practically see stars in his eyes as he conversed with her. She is either oblivious to them or just basks in the glory of being admired.

Either way, this nonsense has to stop.

"Miss. Lawal." If she had not noticed my presence before, right now, she definitely did.

"Mr. Bankole, good afternoon." She mutters and walks pass me into her office. I don't respond. I just nod and walk out.

FARIDA

"It is how he just came from nowhere and seized the position that that mumu Farida of a girl has been eyeing, for me."

"E sweet me die. I was so happy when Madam spoke to us about it. Did you see the look in her eyes?" Ehen? These girls.