Chapter 26.

TOBI

Last night was magical. To be very honest, it wasn't in my plans but with this woman, I find it sort of difficult to have control over my urges. I guess I am finally tired of holding it in. Avoiding her these past years has been easy as she never went back to working in Oil and Gas.

I woke up earlier but I could not bring myself to get off the bed because there I was admiring the beautiful woman by my side. It still feels surreal that I woke up to her beside me. When I had sent her the flowers and the letters had no response, on the last letter, I stated that I would be left with no option but to show up at her house if she fails to respond. I guess she did not read them.

When I finally got up, I went for a walk around the estate premises. Upon returning, I see she still has not woken up. She must be exhausted from last night. The thought alone brings a smile to my lips. Heading to the kitchen, I proceed to fix something for breakfast.

Almost done, I hear movement behind me and turn to see her, her hair ruffled. The after-bed hair further iterates how sexy this woman is. The sight is ravishing and I just want to have her in my arms right now.

"Hey." She says in a tired voice. Bedroom voice alert.

"Come here." I state, opening up my hands for her. She walks in, making me pull her for a hug and a kiss on the lips.

"Good morning." She states.

"Good morning, baby girl. How was your night?" A knowing blush creeps on her face and I smile.

"It was great." Damn...is she finally softening up to me?

"How was yours?" She asks.

"The best night yet." I answer.

"Yet?" She asks with raised brows.

"Yup, because I don't intend to end it just at last night." I state.

"Oh." She speaks in a low tone. I quickly clear my throat to ease the situation. Definitely a talk for later.

"I'm cooking breakfast. Why not go rest in the sitting room?" I know she is a 'I don't cook, I don't clean for any man' sort of woman.

"Alright." She smiles, leaving me to do my thing. I see her chuckling while she looks at something on her phone. Letting her have her fun, I continue what I was doing. When I rounded up, I dished out the food and go ahead to invite her to eat.

"This is nice." She states after she scoops some food into her mouth.

"Thank you." We continue eating in silence and she surprisingly joins me to clean up after.

"Thanks for breakfast." She says while washing a spoon.

"You're welcome, baby girl." My hand circles around her waist and she looks back at me in shock.

"Tobi." She calls out.

"Yes?" I tease. Dipping my hand into the soap lather, I pick up a little and place it at the tip of her nose.

"You did not just..." She gasps and I laugh.

"You're cute." I state and she just rolls her eyes before rinsing the soap lather.

"Whatever." She shrugs and I just stand there, watching her.

"What is it? Don't you know staring is creepy?" She states.

"It's just surprising that you are here." I speak, shrugging my shoulders.

"Yeah, that. We need to talk." She states, cleaning her hand with the handkerchief. She has on a tight-lipped smile. Hope this is good.