Chapter 9.

FARIDA

It just dawned on me that Tobi had reported me to his mom like I thought. Such a huge shame. He could have confronted me and not act like a coward. What is he? 2?

It annoys me deeply but I choose to keep that to myself. What was even his aim? To get me fired? The stuff is actually vexing me because what sort of childish behavior is this?

"I want to know the exact thing that happened." She says, adjusting her sitting position. How exactly do I tell her about this stuff?

"Uhm... it is not really serious." I say.

"Not really serious and you were gloomy all through the trip?" No nau. Thats a completely different reason. Wetin concern Tobi concern my family.

"No, ma. I just had some personal issues on my mind." Hopefully, this would cover for everything.

"Alright. So, what was the problem between you and Tobi?" She presses. I let out a deep sigh.

"He just disrespected me and we got into an argument." This is the nicest way to put how he acted. If not that I am compelled to speak, I would not even divulge anything. I am not Tobi who goes around running to mummy.

"Oh. Okay." She says, leaning into the chair.

"Aunty Farida!" Seyi.

"My baby." She practically jumps on my body and I spoil her with kisses on her face.

"Just carry her to your house." Madam says and we both laugh. Her eyes held a feeling.

"I did something for you, Aunty Farida."

"Ehen?"

"Yes, let's go and see." She gets off my body and begins to tug on my dress.

"Okay." I respond, following her. She leads us to the kitchen, all this while jumping excitedly.

"Ta-da." She is clearly excited as she takes off the cover on the plate, revealing pancakes and sauce. Awwn.. My baby made pancakes for me. That's so thoughtful of her.

"Thank you, sweetie." I lean down and give her a peck on her cheeks.

"You're welcome. Come have a taste." She pulls the chair for me to sit and takes the chair beside mine, her hands on her chin as she waits, expecting my reaction. I smile and cut a piece with the fork she placed for me. I let out a low moan, this girl is good.

"Young lady." I call out teasingly. She chuckles when I call her that.

"Yes, Aunty Farida." She's grinning right now.

"It tastes amazing." I state and she smiles.

"Thank you, my dear." I tell her and she nods.

"Have you eaten?" I ask her and she answers in affirmation.

"You see, I cannot finish this one, so you'll have to eat with me." She starts laughing out loud. She is so adorable.

"Aunty Farida, I know you can." She says in between laughs.

"But." She adds, jumping off her seat to sit on my laps.

"Since it is you that's asking, I'll join but Aunty Farida, you are feeding me o." Her arms are folded on her chest as she pouts.

"You this child, are you sure I did not give birth to you in another life, because the way you have me wrapped around your fingers." I joke.

"Always famzing your way through, I see." I roll my eyes when I hear the voice of the person who happens to be the most annoying individual on earth right now, to me.