Chapter 18.

FARIDA

"Aww, cutie. Smile for mama." I state as Storm runs to me, playing with my feet.

"Did you miss me?" I ask, stroking her cheeks. The look in her eyes give me the response I wanted.

"No hellos for me?" Bukky asks with a warm smile.

"Mi amor." I jokingly say in a twisted Spanish accent and she laughs, shaking her head.

"Ode!" She retorts. She is on leave, hence her availability to care for my baby. Else, she'd have created a mess here in the house. I should get her own cattery for her.

Storm is my cat and no, I was not pregnant neither did I have a baby for that jerk face. I just had severe case of food poisoning that was treated. The stress I had gone through at that point delayed my period. It was a huge relief when the results of the test were out. I mean, I fell terribly ill and was in severe pain but in comparison to being pregnant for him.

"How was today?"

"Boring." She says with a yawn, slapping her hands across her mouth.

"Well, asides your cat disturbing my many attempts at sleeping." She states and as if on cue, Storm meows and does a cute face, looking between the both of us.

"Shey this one understands English ni?" We both laugh and I hand her the pack of food I got for her on my way home.

"You want to bribe me? I like this bribe." After she leaves, I tend to the fur cutie before finally retiring to sleep. Today has already been tiring.

Tamara is still not home because baby girl is shopping. Danish people go hear am. According to her. Her trip is just for a few days but shes shopping the whole of Lagos as if shes never coming back. That girl! She's influencing for a travel agency and they have decided to sponsor her trip to showcase how best they can spoil their clients if they subscribe to their services.

For the past 3 years, my life has been peaceful. I mean, nobody expects an asset in the Oil and Gas industry to quit and reject offers from other companies. I was too much of a Madam Yeni loyalist take those other offers, even though they were very juicy ones. After all, she did not cause the quitting so it was just right I respected her enough not to. Plus, most of them were her tough competitions and owned majorly by people who did not think twice before looking down on her.

She came. She begged me. She apologized on that idiot mans behalf. She did not even know what he did. She kept asking me. My pride would just not let me go back there. Yeah, call it anything. I needed to stamp that fact on his face. He might have been one of the good ones, sexually, it does not mean that is a rule book that states they are of the best manners. Very ill-mannered man.

It was as though I saw this day coming because my investments and business were the walls I fell back on. They were the reasons I could make that decision without flinching. All I needed to do was get more involved and of course, reveal the face behind the businesses. The patronage became more when I revealed myself and to be honest, most of them admired me because they thought I quit to focus on my businesses. If only they knew the actual reason, the person who provoked it.

I am fine now and have chosen to forgive him doesn't mean I won't use my head on matters concerning him and it certainly does not imply he'll be given an open arm welcome.

As I clean off the last droplet of water on my skin, I let out a deep sigh, glad the day is finally over. There's something troubling me, though. After years of his sickness, the man who birthed me kicked the bucket. It's in a message I received today. According to them, the burial is on 25th of this month which also happens to be the last Saturday of the month; a day I carved out for clearing out someone's sales. What I basically do is go to a random roadside hawker and purchase everything they are selling at that moment, to give out to others to eat. It's a win-win as both parties' benefit; the hawker and those eating.