Chapter 34.

Decided to upload this chapter before Enampa and Nophisat kill me😂😂

Enjoy🥂🥂

TOBI

"Thank you, Jared."

"You're welcome, boss."

The cool Florida breeze blows me as I retire to my apartment for the day. My therapist told me I'm making progress and can finally return to the country if I want to.

It's been two months since she called for our barely 24 hours engagement. I honestly thought she was not serious about it. I just thought it was a prank. But when a day grew into two days and in turn a week, dread started creeping in. I called her number but she did not pick.

I can't believe I was that desperate! She simply made a fool out of me. Sometimes I wonder if the whole thing was a game to her. After all, she never said she loved me back. With the countless times I uttered those three words to her, never for once did she reciprocate.

The breakup really shook me, considering the fact that I had just made us public that same day. So, imagine the blogs 1 month after. The break up leaked, I don't know how, but it did.

Mom really helped through those days. I had to relocate to her place because I was a mess. She even tried to get an audience with Farida who of course, politely declined.

Mom was furious because I could not even function properly. She blamed me, at a point, for proposing publicly. She said things like that are better done privately, should things not go as expected. She even says I should be a little thankful that she did not humiliate me publicly.

After moping around for two straight weeks, drinking and making a fool of myself, mom woke me up one morning to pack my bags.

Apparently, she had gone behind me to book a flight to the US. Seeing as I was a citizen, I really did not need to apply for a Visa.

So, that day, I cleaned up myself, had a haircut and shaved for the first time in two weeks, had my bath, while thinking about my life when I saw my reflection in the mirror.

So, when dad had died and the whole family wanted to make mom's life hell, I was also going through a phase then. I had to grow up quick. There was so much pressure on me, even though I was outside the country. So, I started seeing Ms. May Hart, my therapist.

Occassionally, I did talk to her, even when I came back to Nigeria. She understood my struggles and always helped. Ms. May pulled me out of a hole I wasn't even aware I was sinking into. So, every Christmas, I never fail to send her a package through my most loyal bodyguard, friend and driver, Jared.

Mom took over the helm of affairs forcefully. According to her, it's her company and she does not care what the BOD think! She's not allowing someone else take my place.

I know it's just her way of letting me know that I am always welcome to work there when I return.

After punching in the security code to my condo, I get in and finally take off my coat, turning on the heater since it's winter here.

The warmth that resurfaces helps kill the cold effect that engulfed me when I had taken off the coat.

I'm tired and hungry but I need to have my bath first. Jared's wife, Gretta had something packed for me today. She does that sometimes because she genuinely loves me like a younger sibling.

Oh, I forgot to add that Jared is actually older than I am. However, my relationship with him is a genuine one.

When I am finally done freshening up and changing into some comfortable clothes, I heat up the food and start to eat.