Chapter 35.

FARIDA

Touchdown Florida.

It's winter so everywhere is chilled. Madam Yeni already made arrangements for a driver to pick me up when I get here.

"Hello, ma'am. Welcome to America. The name is Jared." I smile at the man and nod before responding.

"Thank you, Jared. Please, call me Farida." Smiling, I enter the car and shut the door behind me.

Once he's settled, we start the drive to Tobi's. It's night here. The timer says 10pm. I really need to rest but most importantly, see Tobi.

By the time we get to his house, Jared punches in the security code and gains us access into the living space. It's beautiful, I must say. Well, he has always had the touch. Neutral colors that have life in them by virtue of accessories used to decorate.

According to Jared, Tobi is not around so I would have to take my rest.

While it is a little difficult to sleep, I know I have to force myself to. I barely slept before this trip, same happened during the trip. If anything, it's in my favour that he is out now. I need to catch some sleep myself because I'd need to be in the best of health to have the talk with him tomorrow.

After giving me a mini tour of the house, it's time for him to return to his boss. He had to sneak out for a while.

"Goodnight, and thank you." Deciding to take my bath, I head to the bathroom, run some water and peel my clothes off my skin.

For some reason, I was very cautious and tried not to make noise, even though I am the only person here.

After freshening up, I check for anything to eat and stumble on some snacks. By the time I'm done munching on them, I'm also yawning.

Well, guess the fatigue finally won because in a second, my eyes start to flutter and sleep engulfs my being.

TOBI

Saturdays, I just stay in, starting my day with a recap of the world's oil and gas news. After that, I take a long rest before doing some light work out.

When reading the news, I hear some movement behind me. I must be halucinating.

"Tobi." A voice calls out, making me startled. This woman has finally gotten into my head. I drop my phone and rest my head on the sofa, closing my eyes to take in a deep breath. It might help.

It is when a hand taps my shoulder that I am startled. Abruptly opening my eyes, I am met with a pair of browns. My eyes move to the nose before I take in the whole face. Farida. It must be the hallucination at work, because it can't possibly be.

I immediately shut my eyes again, opening it in a nano-second. She's no longer there. I sigh in relief but gasp when I see her standing in front of me.

"It's me, Tobi. It's Farida." She says. I still can't believe my eyes!

FARIDA

"Who let you in? And what the fuck are you doing in my apartment? What the fuck are you doing in America?" He seethed. Tobi is not pleased to see me at all and it's entirely my fault.

I close my eyes as a deep breath escapes my nostrils. His sight is doing something to me. I miss this man so much that it hurts seeing him and not being able to at least touch him.

"I'm sorry, Tobi." He lets out a very sardonic laughter, shaking his head repeatedly.

Picking up his phone, he dials a number and places it above his ears, eyeing my figure.