Chapter 25.

FARIDA

All through the week and next, Tobi kept sending flowers to my office. Thankfully, I was not around on some days but he doesn't know that. He doesn't need to know. What does he want from me? There's no room for assumptions. He should just come clean and stop cutting through the corners.

"Ehen...should we pick the maroon or dark blue?" Yeah, we're planning for Tamara's wedding. Exciting stuff because Jack finally proposed to her last week. It was so emotional, I cried because it just brought back memories of us planning it and how we almost lost Tamara that period.

So, the two colors are what Bukky and I are currently planning for our Chief bridesmaids' outfits. Yeah, you read right. Chief Bridesmaids because the both of us are doing it. Not that it would have been a bother but Tam didn't want any of us feeling bad so she asked both of us to do her the honor.

So, yeah, we are planning together. Bukky loves these sorts of stuff and we both are pretty excited because it's a first for someone in our inner circle to be getting married. The interesting thing is, the date is not yet fixed but trust us to always plan ahead of time. In fact, Bukky already has lace designs for us to pick from.

"How far your bobo?" Shey it's this same human being that warned me never to bring up Tobi's matter to her hearing. She's the same person wiggling her brows at me. I snort and shift in the chair.

"He's just there." I say, nonchalantly.

"Farida. Hmm..." She states and I just give her a blank stare.

"I think we should go with the wine color. It will be perfect for pictures. Or we could completely change options and go for Gold color but look for a perfect shade?" I state, not wanting to prolong the talk any further.

"Someone's at the door, let me get it." She quickly jumps off her seat. I didn't hear the bell ring, though. Maybe she's expecting a guest.

"Alright." She leaves and does not return immediately. Instead, I hear whispers from there.

"Yeah, yeah." I could hear her say.

"Come." Wonder who she is talking to, though.

"Hey." The deep baritone voice sounds familiar. Swiftly, I turn my head to look, just to confirm my suspicions. My eyes widen when I see the face. Emmanuel?

"Ehn? My eyes must be deceiving me!" I exclaim. I thought he was in the states!

"Hey, Farida." He smiles, making himself comfortable. I quickly rush to the chair, jumping on him to hug him. I have missed this man so much. Emmy just keeps laughing, teasing me. He is our friend, our realest guy!

After school, he had to leave the country for his Masters. He returned from service and kept working here for a while before he got an offer from a company abroad. Since he left, he hasn't returned.

"Wait till Tamara sees you." I laugh, still on his legs. Emmanuel was our personal baby boy.

"Ah, seems she's here." I say excitedly when the doorbell rings.

"I'll get that." Bukky says.

"Ahn ahn...you just forgot your baby girl." I say to him and he laughs.

"I have no excuse, Ree. I am sorry." He states, making sad expressions and I drag his cheeks playfully. Ree is his nickname for me.

"Tamara, look who we have here." I state when I hear her footsteps.

"Err, Farida." Bukky calls out.

"Yeah?" I answer her, not looking back. It's Emmy's raised eyebrows that got me to look behind me. I won't say I am not shocked.