Chapter 28.

FARIDA

"So, what were you doing at the club?" I ask him later, while we're snuggled on the thick and soft fur-like rug, laying on the floor. It feels like we are floating on a cloud of fluffiness.

"I had some business to discuss with the owner of the club." He says, kissing me on my neck. I should get used to his constant show of affection.

"You're thinking of investing in nightlife?" I ask him with raised brows, even though my face is out of his sight.

"Seriously thinking about it." He answers, kissing my sides.

"I don't want to ever be away from you." He states and I just smile, not ready for the next bomb he threw.

"Move in with me?" He asks, making my eyes widen and an Immediate turn of my body in his direction follows.

"Sweetie, don't you think that is too early?" I ask him.

"Sorry I asked. We'll take this slow, don't worry." He responds, a sad smile on his lips.

"Thank you." Kissing him lightly on the lips, I rest my head on his chest, breathing in fresh air.

"So, did you later find out who ordered the attack on you?" I ask him the one question that kept bugging me.

"Yes. Turns out it was Mr. Sobowale." He answers.

"Ah, why would he do that?"

"I got him fired."

"About time." That man was one of the people that stressed me the most in that company. The man was never efficient and I did most of his work for him, even though we were not in the same department. It was annoying at a point because it felt like he was just using me. He never for once gave me credit for my work.

"He's behind bars now." I could feel annoyance in his tone so I decided to change the topic.

"I still can't believe this is us." A chuckle escapes my lips when I say this.

"You were the stubborn one." Laughter rumbles off his chest as he responds. Hah! It worked!

"Me? Stubborn." I lift up my head from where it was laid to look at him.

"Sweetie, your ego was here." Sitting up, I demonstrate with my hand, lifting it above my head.

"That's because you always acted untouchable." He chuckles, sitting up and immediately tackling me to the ground, till I am beneath him, his lips slightly above mine.

"I am untouchable." I state with a smirk. Next thing I feel is a slight pain on my forehead.

"Ouch! You this man! You flicked me." I exclaim with a scowl on my lips. He just laughs, pecks my lip before speaking.

"I thought you said you were untouchable." He smiles, shrugging his shoulders with a slight head movement.

"That one now means you should flick me." I am not angry, lol. I'm actually enjoying this.

"No vex, my untouchable baby girl.' He smiles, gently tapping on my nose, resulting to me rolling my eyes before a smile starts dancing on my lips. I just could not hold it. Can I even feign being mad at him now that I know I have been in denial of my feelings all this while?

"You are cute." He states casually. This man makes a girlie's insides melt effortlessly.

"You too." I respond to him.

"I'm not cute. I am handsome." He states.

"Ego." I murmur, loud enough for him not to miss out. After he pecks my cheeks and kisses me on the neck, we then go back to snuggling. Silence engulfs us and the only thing that could be heard were faint sounds of us inhaling and exhaling with our individual thoughts running through our minds. Occasionally, he would rub my arms and run light kisses on it. Is this what it feels like to let your guard off once more?