Chapter 4.

FARIDA

Monday morning came. Another work week. After the wedding on Saturday, I could not help but reason in my head. So, the wedding is the 'official' event that he had to attend? This man can lie sha. The lie is the same reason why I scoffed when he spoke just now.

"Since we could not go because I was unavailable, let us go there tomorrow. Meanwhile, head of retail management and lubes, give me your last week sales report." His eyes meet mine when I scoff and he holds my gaze for a while before dishing out his orders. He just wants to remind me he is boss. I know only him saw me when I rolled my eyes. Well, that was the purpose as it was directed at him.

"We were able to get enough siding trucks to our stations during the weekends as reduction in pump price has sky rocketed sales of PMS."

"Okay, next." He speaks. Tsk.

"We sold 5 million Litres last week."

"There was a slight problem with Offa but it resolved."

"And did you update me on the problem?"

"No, Sir." I answer reluctantly.

"The next time any issue arises, update me. I need a report on that. Is that clear, Miss. Lawal?" He says with a stern voice.

"Yes, Sir. And also," My voice is cut short by his.

"Head of Lubes, your feedback." Victor starts talking, telling him all they achieved last week. I could not even finish what I had to say because of the attack. He wanted to embarrass me in the presence of these people but he does not know that you can't shame the shameless.

Letting out a snicker, I don't miss how his head hangs due to the sound before turning his attention back to the other people present in the meeting, my focus goes back to the file placed in front of me, on the table. I don't miss the frown lines on his forehead. Lol!

The meeting soon comes to an end and we are all preparing to leave when I hear someone calling out to me. Turns out it's him; Mr. Bakare.

"Can I have a word with you, Miss. Lawal?" He asks in what I assume is supposed to be an intimidating tone. Lol!

"Alright, Sir." When the last person closes the door behind him, he clears his throat and speaks.

"I don't seem to understand you. What was that childish display during the meeting?"

"I don't understand you, Sir." My answer seems to piss him off more but surprisingly, he maintains his calm demeanor.

"This is a warning, Miss. Lawal." He waves his hand in dismissal, stands up to take his leave, making me the only person in the room.

The shrill ring of my phone is what welcomes me to my office. It's as though the caller sensed my presence, whoever it is. Picking up the phone, I smile before speaking.

••••••••••

Seeing as the office work had been stressful today, I decide to treat myself to some lunch from Briggs Chops. If you have ever eaten anything she prepared, you can testify how amazing it is.

After placing my order, I don't know what else to do because I am bored and have done every work I have got for now. I just open Netflix, browse through and pick a Sandra Bullock movie, plug in my earpiece and start watching. Seventeen minutes into the movie, my package arrives.

"Thank you, George." The security man nods his head and leaves.

Yum yum. I hum to myself, joyfully devouring the contents of my plate. The notification bar on my phone pops up.