Chapter 1.

FARIDA

I am wondering why she requested for my presence this morning. She would usually wait till during the day, maybe afternoon before asking for one's presence.

"Farida, please sit." There has always been something about Mrs. Olayeni Bankole that makes me so comfortable. She is a complete mother and most importantly, the best boss one could ask for.

"How was your weekend, ma?" She adjusts her glasses on her face and smiles.

"It was great. How about yours?" With a shrug of my shoulders, I speak.

"Ma, it was fine." I respond.

"I called you in because there is something I need to inform you of. My son, Tobi, has returned from overseas and will be resuming work here in the next three days. Arrange for a meeting with all the members of your department. He'll be in charge of Sales and marketing now." Life is good o. Just like that, he will come and head all of us at the department. This life, get influence o.

"O..kay. I respond." Madam's legendary son that we have never met before is joining us here.

"Yes, ma." I add and nod to signify understanding.

"And Farida, since you are the head of retail marketing, I want you to personally see to it that he understands the general running of the whole of Sales and Marketing. It is the major reason I called you here." Den..den..den Problem. I hope I make a good impression.

"Yes, ma." I actually feel honored to be given this responsibility.

"What time do I fix the meeting for?"

"Errrmmm. Let's say 9?" I nod in agreement and take my leave.

Immediately I get into my office, I send a mail to all the staff under me and also send a mail to Victor, head of Lubes, to inform the staff under him.

•••••••••

I quickly went to my house, changed and head to the club to join the girls dem. The girls just consist of Bukky and Tamara.

"I'm almost there, no vex." I am currently breaking all traffic rules just to meet these girls. Omoh, if Road safety get me ehn, I am toast.

"Oil money, since that you have been coming." Tamara's voice echoes in my car. At least, the phone is on speaker.

"I'm serious. You will see me in the next five minutes, don't worry." Baby girls think I'm lying.

"We hear you." The line goes dead and I focus back on my driving.

Exactly five minutes after, I round up at the parking lot and turn off the ignition. Immediately alighting, I make sure to lock my car before heading to the club's entrance. After showing my ID to one of the bouncers, I am allowed access into the club.

I look at our usual spot and don't see the girls there so I quickly send Bukky a message.

Bar. She responds.

I heave a sigh and walk there to meet them. These girls don't have chill.

"Hello, babiessss." They both roll their eyes at my exaggerated greeting and as though planned, give me a fake smile.

"You people should cheer up, jare. Why the long faces?" I ask.

"Oil money, since 6. Look at your phone and tell us what the time is." I know it was quite late but I actually had a long day today. I had to stay back to get some work done because I did not want to take work home with me since it's the weekend.