C h a p t e r 62

Sexual Content Warning ⚠️

Chapter 62 : MadelynSaturday, August 21st, 2021

Saturday, August 21st, 2021

Shit, shit, shit.

I'm in so much trouble.

I don't even know how it happened, but one moment it was six thirty and now it's itching seven fifteen, my car only now just parking on their lengthy driveway.

My expected arrival was late by just over a half an hour and I didn't get any responses to my explanation text.

I'm dead.

Opening my door and forcing myself not to bolt up to the gates, I take the time to smooth out the dark navy coloured fabric of my dress.

The cut ended just below my knee so I didn't have to worry about it dragging, but I had put a lot of effort into my appearance for tonight. I just hope my untimeliness won't take away from that.

With my heels clicking lightly with each step of mine, I make sure to lock my car as I walk up the pathway and to where the guards stood.

All it took was one glance at my hand to earn me a polite nod, the gates opening and gaining me entry to what will likely be a long punishment.

My heart racing, I twirled Xavier's ring with my thumb—a nervous habit I've recently gained—as I took careful steps to their door.

I knew the jewelry piece was some sort of mafia promise ring he gave me, but that information didn't click with me until day two of three when I'd left them.

And now we're here, my body thrumming with nervousness and hesitance.

My lateness was one of the top grounds for punishment in our contract, and I knew they were all itching for the excuse as of recently.

Hell, I had just given them one on a silver platter.

Raising my hand to knock, my fist does even come close to making contact with the wood before Caleb opens the large door and peers down at me with his blue eyes.

"Hi," I said in a slightly small voice, not getting any kind of idea as to where his head was at right now.

I had a huge feeling I was about to find out, though.

Inhaling a nervous breath, I watched as a small smirk tugged up on Caleb's lips, the sight more disconcerting than relieving.

All I could do was blink before he was tugging me to him, his hand wrapping tight around my throat as he claimed my mouth with his.

When Caleb kissed, he devoured, and I knew that by the end of the night there wouldn't be much left of me that was still mine.

Stealing the air from my lungs, I staggered by the sheer force of his lips before he pulled off, not giving me time to regroup as he guided me to the living room by a hand on my back.